• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Good people of Britain...........PANIC

IxAZlEg.png

Go away.

Sunday could be interesting if the current forecast is correct.

I expected to wake up to blizzards raging across Leicestershire. Not a snowdrop to be seen.....Yet!!!

A light dusting here though it’s more wet now than anything.

Bucketing it down in Stoke now, wasn't nice on the motorway!

Nothing in Burton so far. Thankfully.

Belle's school is closed. We can't dare to take her out of school for a day without being threatened with a fine but it's no problem for them to close for a bit of poxy snow!

Belle's school is closed. We can't dare to take her out of school for a day without being threatened with a fine but it's no problem for them to close for a bit of poxy snow!

When I was a kid the school had to be buried completley under snow before they would be consider closing it.

The kids of today eh ?? #backinmyday

More the adults than the kids innit....H&S madness (just for leedswolf that one), blame the EU or something. Loved it when it snowed as our school was on the top of a huge hill, so bin bag and a ton of fun flying down the hill (not so much fun trying to get back up it though)

I remember walking from Penn to Wombourne in the snow to get to school because the buses weren't running. My school hardly ever closed for snow and it used to snow PROPERLY in those days.

God, I sound old!

Mine rarely closed either. I had to walk uphill to school and downhill home too as Burton is in a bit of a valley. No doubt they close it for a bit of frost nowadays as it's all inclines round the school and the potential for slippage is massive.

I've always presumed it's about keep swathes of traffic off the road. Fewer and fewer kids walk to school now, they all get lifts, so if the roads are dangerous then it's a pretty wise move to close the schools and reduce the traffic on the local roads. That and teachers being lame, or something.

I've always presumed it's about keep swathes of traffic off the road. Fewer and fewer kids walk to school now, they all get lifts, so if the roads are dangerous then it's a pretty wise move to close the schools and reduce the traffic on the local roads. That and teachers being lame, or something.
No snow day for you today?

Back