• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Good people of Britain...........PANIC

BBC Breakfast doing my fucking tits in. Warning about the deadly driving conditions in Canterbury with nearly half an inch on the ground and clear roads. Fucking hell. It's hardly armageddon.

Was snowing most of the way between Walsall and Derby but didn't really appear to be sticking, still made everyone drive like it was the end of the world though the fucking gimps.

Omg I have about a half inch of white stuff! I must ensure I have enough rations to survive as surely its to treacherous to venture out. I have 20 kg of coal and a load of logs.I hope I will be OK. If you haven't heard from me by the end of Saturdays game send a search party. Meanwhile all of you be safe through this worrying hellish Siberian weather. Stay warm. Stay Strong. #Jesuischaud

I had heard stories of your half inch :)
If you do get stuck we have works land Rovers here if you need to get to the toilet or kitchen etc.

Fuck's sake they haven't stopped banging on about it in my office - cancelling meetings, talk of finishing at 2 'just in case', telling people to 'keep safe' on the phone. It's comical

Also the comical habit that TV news has of sending reporters to either a) gritting depots or b) bridges over motorways.

Because we'd probably assume it was FAKE NEWS if they told us it was snowing from a studio.

Thinking of all you poor souls who live on a hill or have a tricky commute to work.

#prayforjames

Isn't he a bus driver now :icon_eek:

Fuck's sake they haven't stopped banging on about it in my office - cancelling meetings, talk of finishing at 2 'just in case', telling people to 'keep safe' on the phone. It's comical

Same here

Perhaps an inch on the floor here. Stopped now.
Still cycled in this morning no bother.
Luckily I have an office on my own, so don't have to put up with everyone going on about it.

Well the morning tidal surge in darkest Lincolnshire did not breach the sea defences, though the evening one is expected to be higher.

Perhaps an inch on the floor here. Stopped now.
Still cycled in this morning no bother.
Luckily I have an office on my own, so don't have to put up with everyone going on about it.

I admit I wuss out of cycling when there's a chance of ice. Been there, done that, got the scars.

Over here RTE will be trying to top the UK news, by showing pictures of sheep halfway up a mountain, in 'some' snow, probably up the north or near the border.
Sure anything you Brits can do we can do as well!
I remember when there was a heatwave in the UK, the Irish Star, lifted a picture from Brighton beach of two good looking girls and claimed it was Bray Co. Wicklow. Disprovable for several reasons. :)

Don't go on the E&S website. There's a 'your pictures' section which shows just how cruel mother nature can be.

Horrendous - god only knows how there have been any survivors.

Sky have a reporter on Skegness sea front. And I think the residents of Skegness, Ingoldmelds and Chapel St Leonard's are right to be concerned. A lot of the north Lincolnshire coastline is protected by sand dunes, which were formed after a massive storm in 1300's. Whereas many other areas are flat and if the sea breaches the defences then there could be severe flooding and damage to property.

Sky have a reporter on Skegness sea front. And I think the residents of Skegness, Ingoldmelds and Chapel St Leonard's are right to be concerned. A lot of the north Lincolnshire coastline is protected by sand dunes, which were formed after a massive storm in 1300's. Whereas many other areas are flat and if the sea breaches the defences then there could be severe flooding and damage to property.

There was a big storm with loss of life along the coast, maybe in the 1960's wasn't there? I know there is a memorial in hunstanton. Remember it from when I was a kid.

2778420a3fed15f61bc7489196bd8a11.jpg

Snow in St Helier. Domesday!

Back