• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Good people of Britain...........PANIC

Fairly big bushfire cloud from a burn the other side of the mountain ridge from me. Puts it about 15k away. Hopefully it is a controlled burn, as the local rural fire brigade don't seem to be crashing into action yet.

Always wear shorts from May 1st until September 30th, looking at the forecast for midweek I might be struggling with that.

Gone a bit chilly yesterday and today hasn't it? 13°C is today's high FFS.

My heating kicked in yesterday as I have the thermostat set to 18°. Very unusual for it to drop below that in the house at this time of year.

It's supposed to be warmer and drier over the weekend, got my fingers crossed as I'm camping all weekend at Oulton Park.😲

It's supposed to be warmer and drier over the weekend, got my fingers crossed as I'm camping all weekend at Oulton Park.😲

British Superbikes…. nice.

Only been the once and a good few years ago too, but the ride to the circuit and out again afterwards with 100’s, 1000’s of other bikes and riders is a memory that stays forever.

Does look like the weather is getting better too, have a brilliant time.

British Superbikes…. nice.

Only been the once and a good few years ago too, but the ride to the circuit and out again afterwards with 100’s, 1000’s of other bikes and riders is a memory that stays forever.

Does look like the weather is getting better too, have a brilliant time.
Yeah Oulton is one of my favourite British circuits, only about an hour from our house and as were camping will be going in the car.
It's turned into a bit of an annual event for me and my lad.

Most postmen dress in shorts for ages into the autumn. They usually put a tenner into a pot at each sorting centre and the last one wearing shorts wins it. Hence why you see postmen in shorts in December!

Most postmen dress in shorts for ages into the autumn. They usually put a tenner into a pot at each sorting centre and the last one wearing shorts wins it. Hence why you see postmen in shorts in December!
I knew a postman in Letchworth Garden City who wore shorts all year round irrespective of the weather. As a kid I wore shorts to school (until grammar school), cubs and scouts (until the uniform change in the late 60s, early 70s) all the year round. Bizarre these days.

I knew a postman in Letchworth Garden City who wore shorts all year round irrespective of the weather. As a kid I wore shorts to school (until grammar school), cubs and scouts (until the uniform change in the late 60s, early 70s) all the year round. Bizarre these days.
Helen’s youngest son wears shorts to school for most of the year, it’s only when it gets really cold he has trousers on. I found it bizarre when we first got back together, I haven’t seen anyone at school in shorts for decades.

Spoke to a postman once who wore shorts all year round, he said in the winter when it’s pissing down shorts are more comfortable as soaking wet trousers rub the legs.
delivery drivers say the same, as they're hopping in and out of their vans/other vehicles.

Back