• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Good people of Britain...........PANIC

I've had to get me blanket back out for the last couple of nights 🥶

It's not that cold ffs. Daily highs are only a couple of degrees below the average temp for June.
It has been 8-14 degrees here for a couple of weeks, I'd expect it to be more like 18-20 in the middle of the day in the middle of June, yes that's only 5-6 degrees below the norm but that's quite a lot as a percentage and for the purpose of living your life in a comfortable manner it's lower than I'd like.

Been a cold wind for ages. You get the odd moment where the sun is out and it feels quite warm but as soon as it’s behind a cloud again it’s quite raw.

Why it feels much colder than just the normal couple of degrees down that it is I suppose.

Indeed, get out of the wind and that sun has it's usual heat (when there's a break in the clouds 😉).

Been a cold wind for ages. You get the odd moment where the sun is out and it feels quite warm but as soon as it’s behind a cloud again it’s quite raw.

Why it feels much colder than just the normal couple of degrees down that it is I suppose.
That's the nub of it, wind has been from the North for ages, as soon as it veers round to a more Southerly direction it'll be great.

From the forecast its looking like tomorrow will be the start of warmer weather for the next week, hope so for my ride up to Scotland tomorrow.

That's the nub of it, wind has been from the North for ages, as soon as it veers round to a more Southerly direction it'll be great.
Clockwise wind from the jet stream coupled with anti-clockwise winds from high pressure to the east dragging cold winds from the Arctic.

We've just had an absolute downpour, no thunder though. And it's bloody cold too.

Took my step daughter to Warwick Uni today for an open day walk around. Pretty cool and raining from Ricky to Watford Junction. Quite calm and overcast at Coventry. Get to Warwick and its starts spitting so we stood under cover to read the campus map and out of nowhere there’s a massive storm with thunder, lightning and a massive hail downpour with the whole campus like a river.
Two hours later and you couldn’t even tell there had been any rain at all. Get back to Coventry train station and the weather is glorious, warm sunshine and really calm. Go inside to get a bottle of water and get back out to it pissing down. Totally fucked up day.

It's not that cold ffs. Daily highs are only a couple of degrees below the average temp for June.
Bollocks. That’s just a soundbite from that Guardian piece. This time last year I was wearing a T-shirt at work while going for a vape break, this year I’m wearing my jacket and gilet because the wind over open land is really fucking cold. The temperature in the house is regularly dropping cool enough to flick the heating on for an hour to take the bite off and I don’t really feel the cold that much.

Bollocks. That’s just a soundbite from that Guardian piece. This time last year I was wearing a T-shirt at work while going for a vape break, this year I’m wearing my jacket and gilet because the wind over open land is really fucking cold. The temperature in the house is regularly dropping cool enough to flick the heating on for an hour to take the bite off and I don’t really feel the cold that much.
June last year was a freak, not a norm.

June last year was a freak, not a norm.
I don’t recall ever having to wear three layers in June to go for a vape break by the football pitch at work to be fair, or having to put the heating on in June.

I thought it was only southerners who felt the cold? :p
Yeah, well, I'm originally from Shropshire, so despite living in the north-east for 35 years I still find it fucking cold! And in 35 years I reckon I could count on 1 hand the number of days where it hasn't been windy.

Rode this morning, set off in blue skies, 4 seasons in one day, got soaked.

Walked the dog this afternoon, set off in blue skies, got soaked.

Heating on now.

Getting fed up with this.

Rode this morning, set off in blue skies, 4 seasons in one day, got soaked.

Walked the dog this afternoon, set off in blue skies, got soaked.

Heating on now.

Getting fed up with this.
But it’s not that cold FFS. Apparently.

Back