• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Good people of Britain...........PANIC

42c here again today.
Better than wind and rain, but frankly apart from a dip it's too hot to do fuck all else.

Just spent the week in Cumbria at Center Parcs and apart from one or two days with a bit of sun peeking through, the weather has been shite. Drizzle most days and the temp never got above 16C.
It's June FFS. The wife picked up a cold and gave it to me and the baby!

Just spent the week in Cumbria at Center Parcs and apart from one or two days with a bit of sun peeking through, the weather has been shite. Drizzle most days and the temp never got above 16C.
It's June FFS. The wife picked up a cold and gave it to me and the baby!
It's averaged about 13C here for the last 10 days with some days it barely cracking 10C. Today has felt positively hot. It's been 17C.

I appreciate that it always rains in the lake district but you book a holiday thinking the temps will at least be warm.
Didn't even get that.
The stunning scenery made up for it though

I mean if you're after warm weather maybe a mountainous Northern area isn't the best choice?

We didn't book the Lake District for a sun holiday Mark 🙄
We just hoped for dry days to explore and not have to take the baby out with a rain cover every day.

You said the least you expected was warm weather - maybe you should've considered other options if that's what you wanted.

Fair comment. However it's fair to say that they are retained due to the Lake District being the wettest part of England...

Last edited:
8am - Glorious blue skies.

Right, got a bit of moving and planting to do in the garden today.

9am - start working

9.05am - Pissing it down.

Well, that's my work for the weekend done.

Sadly, that's UK weather for you.
I'm largely ok with our weather, its mixed as you would expect of our geography. This year however is pissing me off, it's far from mixed, its almost wholly shit. Constant rain all winter, and low temperatures since beginning of May.

Back