• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Good people of Britain...........PANIC

Met office have issued a yellow snow warning..
Well I for one wont be eating any.

Storm Dennis to hit on Saturday/Sunday. I'm travelling by train to London on Saturday so that should be fun. Was supposed to be running the Olympic Park half marathon on Sunday morning but just received an email saying that it has had to be postponed because parts of the course are predicted to be flooded. Kind of glad, I've not been able to train for over a month with the worst cold ever (no it's not coronavirus!)

Already got a van booked for tomorrow, clearing big items of furniture from my mum-in-laws, really looking forward to it in the pouring rain and howling winds

South Wales valleys have taken a battering and it's still raining...

Hereford completely cut off.
My sister says Pattingham is as well.
Hope it all drains away before Thursday.

Just drove over to Great Wyrley. Nice flood outside the Hollybush Garden Centre with a car nicely floating about in it. So many roads closed, usually a 15 min drive but diversions and deep water means it took nearly an hour.

Tried to get out to pick something up to today

A few barely passable roads made me think 'what the hell am I doing' and went back home. Not worth risking the car to pick up something that can wait

A454 between Jenny Walker Lane and Trescott ford complete impassable and the other end of the road I live on is similar, so it's a nice quiet day outside Casa De Pablo.

Think we've been lucky here in Newport (Salop), had a lot of rain but not like other areas and the wind has bern nowhere near as bad as last weekend.
Spent yesterday driving a van over to Gornal, local trips around there all day then back to Newport, took the van back to Sutton Maddock and then a few trips to the skips this morning, all roads fine.....think we got away with it a bit

Just took me 2 hours to get back from Chesterfield A38 southbound shut, as well as Kings Bromley, Curborough, Alrewas and all points south, there's a few fields ready to go Derby way, much more rain and there's going to be some severe problems on the roads

Ummm, flood water is getting a little too close for comfort
51cd8442c7afabb310df1f03d6275eb2.jpg

It always floods by you though doesn't it ?

I always have visions of Minis and BMWs floating away :)

It always floods by you though doesn't it ?

I always have visions of Minis and BMWs floating away :)

Yes, but not usually this quickly or this high. That lake was a field this morning.

We’re fine, but I would be a bit twitchy if I live over the road.

Four Ashes is somewhat damp. Loads of flooding round here and the roads are a struggle.

It’s going to be chaos this morning. Took me three attempts to find a route to the motorway earlier - flooding on one A road and electrics down on another.

Everones talking about storm Dennis not lasting long, I am just surprised Dennis let Ciara come first.

Didn't think Dennis had been as bad as ciara,but the people's republic of ashma park was very nearly cut off,linthouse lane had floods up too car wheel arch depth,(good luck everyone who buys a house on the new estate on the fields when that's built)as did kitchen lane and most of Essington,Lichfield road was also shut by the Broadway pub

Back