• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Good people of Britain...........PANIC

It was like that in Dubai. Walked for 5 minutes from a restuarant to a shopping centre and it looked like we had swam there!! (we were lucky apparently as the week before it was so hot and humid even the locals couldn't cope with it but it went back down to an acceptable 45d for us) So looking forward to that experience again in Singapore in September

Dubai was insane. We were there on a lay over before connection to Singapore. Landed at 1.am and stepped off the plane and it was 39 degrees. At 1am. I couldn't believe it.

Would hate to see what the mid day heat is like there.

In Muscat too, mainly at PAEW - the utility company. Stayed in the Radisson if I remember correctly. I'd have actually quite liked it if I was on holiday, but it was a god awful place to work.

Yeah it was, we were doing a triple installation and all were big heavy jobs. We’d get to site at 8am after six cans of Red Bull and by the time I’d picked up my first tool of the day I’d be dripping wet. We stayed at some shitty hotel with a wedding shop underneath. As far as I know there’s still a pair of my socks on the roof.

When does Summer actually begin here, I've forgot! Having now been back in UK for 4 months, the one and only thing I miss from US is the weather. Really don't miss anything else. We are planning a big bbq/new house/retirement/moving back to UK party, only trouble is, when to do it for as the weather is usually shit :icon_lol:

Heatwave next week PPB. Late 20's from Tuesday onwards.

Should be glorious for our Europa League game.

When does Summer actually begin here, I've forgot! Having now been back in UK for 4 months, the one and only thing I miss from US is the weather. Really don't miss anything else. We are planning a big bbq/new house/retirement/moving back to UK party, only trouble is, when to do it for as the weather is usually shit :icon_lol:

Tuesday

See, how do you plan things as you can't rely on forecasts as it changes as much as I change me knickers.

Actually that's not true as I don't even own a pair of knickers.

Just gonna have to pick a date and keep fingers crossed.

First day of summer is the longest day of the year - 21st June.

That's why counter-intuitively, days get shorter during the summer.

18 degrees is not "freezing", unless you are a 50 year old woman working in an office when you are contractually obliged to permanently want the heating on.

By summer standards it is chillier than I would like put it that way. Hate this drab weather.

This is brilliant.

I've had the week off and been hiding inside most the time doing bits of DIY. Now it's raining and I'm outside distributing a tonne of gravel across my front garden.

Booked Mon and Tue off to avoid it as my weather thing said it dropped cooler Weds. Dammit. Bet I go back and it's even hotter haha.

Didn't we have about 3 weeks of dry 20-25c weather before today?

Aye, I think we've had one proper wet day here in the last three weeks (and that was just the morning). Not rained much here today either, it's just overcast.

We had that weekend where it hit 34c, that was what, three weeks ago? Blistering.

It always gets hot when I'm on fucking afternoons.

Aye, I think we've had one proper wet day here in the last three weeks (and that was just the morning). Not rained much here today either, it's just overcast.

We had that weekend where it hit 34c, that was what, three weeks ago? Blistering.

Yeah i thought so, so questions about when does the summer start seem a little odd, thought for a minute it had been just isolated to Worcester!

could do with some drier weather for this weekends break in the campervan - not fancying it pissing down

Back