• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Good people of Britain...........PANIC

The couple of weeks of madness we had (last June?) was a nightmare. Glad it's only due today

Yeah, during the World Cup. Pushing or over 30c every single day.

Doesn't get much better than a hot world cup summer. It was ace.

It's really not though, for the exact reasons that I mentioned a year ago :icon_lol:

I think you're actually in the minority on this one. The saving grace for now is that the nights are still dropping in temperature properly, so you're not going to bed and it's still 24c.

Our properties aren't designed for these temperatures, not to mention if you've lived for 30 <something> years in a climate that rarely goes beyond 25c, you aren't going to find it very comfortable when it goes miles above that...

It's even worse for me as I'm still carrying a little winter weight.

Winter 1989

Well, you can all grizzle about it. I will revel in it. In an ideal world I would live in Barbados and Molineux would be a short walk from my house, but that isn't going to happen, so I have to celebrate the occasional hot day.

You could set a fire in your garden every day and sit really close to it (not too close, obviously).

If you go abroad where it's hot, they tend to have air conditioned hotels, ideally situated bars with proper shaded areas and all these kind of things. We don't have any of them. If someone wants to fit air conditioning in my house for free (and pay for the associated electricity costs forever) then I'll stop moaning about it :D

Until then, where I work gets FUCKING HOT in the afternoon and I get irritated by it, as my skin tone is some way short of Andre Marriner, and it's also a nightmare with pollen, which means that even despite taking enough tablets to make me rattle, I frequently can't see properly if I open a window or go outside.

Well, you can all grizzle about it. I will revel in it. In an ideal world I would live in Barbados and Molineux would be a short walk from my house, but that isn't going to happen, so I have to celebrate the occasional hot day.

The actual temp isn't the problem - it's just the sudden change without any ability to acclimatise to it that is.

Usually by the time I have then its gone again! - still at least Glastonbury won't be a mudfest this year :icon_smile:

Best get used to it, shit loads of rain in short periods and heat waves are going to be the norm going forward.

Excellent, so my garden will take on Burmese jungle status faster than I can keep up with it :(

I was trussed up with a knackered ankle during the entire heat wave last year. Now that was fucking annoying. Being signed off work during the World Cup softened the blow a little, tbf.

I'm with you Paddy. Nothing better than shedding the layers, getting out in the garden, or even better the beer garden and soak up the sun. At night if it's a tad uncomfortable get yourselves a good fan, position it well, and Bob's your Uncle. Sun makes you feel better, everything looks better, everywhere looks better, what's not to love. Just make sure you drink ya water.

Although I do appreciate and understand that some people can deal with it more than others. Just glad I'm not one that suffers with hayfever, allergies and sunburn or heatstroke.

I was trussed up with a knackered ankle during the entire heat wave last year. Now that was fucking annoying. Being signed off work during the World Cup softened the blow a little, tbf.

I waited til the semi final to break my elbow, bad timing really!

I'm with you Paddy. Nothing better than shedding the layers, getting out in the garden, or even better the beer garden and soak up the sun. At night if it's a tad uncomfortable get yourselves a good fan, position it well, and Bob's your Uncle. Sun makes you feel better, everything looks better, everywhere looks better, what's not to love. Just make sure you drink ya water.

Although I do appreciate and understand that some people can deal with it more than others. Just glad I'm not one that suffers with hayfever, allergies and sunburn or heatstroke.

And you moved back to the UK :confused:

:)

100% agree. I love heat and hate cold.

Wife loves the Caribbean and tropical heat. Was at her happiest at 40 odd degree in Egypt a few years ago.

I loved Iceland in January. And not the store!

I have a fan on my face all year. She wants a winter duvet in the summer.

Back