• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Good people of Britain...........PANIC

Yeah I love the Caribbean heat too but only in the evening. Not too humid, warm breeze, easy to sleep in. I love strolling around in t-shirt and shorts at 11pm, not feeling chilly. Was in St. Maarten last Oct, we were at the beach during the day and had to rent an umbrella and Sun loungers as we needed to get out of the relentless sun.

Yeah I love the Caribbean heat too but only in the evening. Not too humid, warm breeze, easy to sleep in. I love strolling around in t-shirt and shorts at 11pm, not feeling chilly. Was in St. Maarten last Oct, we were at the beach during the day and had to rent an umbrella and Sun loungers as we needed to get out of the relentless sun.

Hate the heat (and all the bugs it brings) but yeah,having the trade winds in Barbados and sudden downpours every other hour, makes it a lot more bearable there.

Barbados is pretty bug free. Never been bitten on that island, but I got eaten alive on St Lucia

The heat and humidity in Singapore was unbearable. I love the heat and can withstand pretty warm climates, but Singapore was too much, 37 degrees, 80% humidity... it makes it uncomfortable to walk around in, as you sweat so much that you start to chafe your nether regions and it's very tiring. I've done the same temperature in Florida and it was manageable as it was not as humid.

Currently in Bali wheres it's a perfect 31 degrees with lovely cool sea breezes. Our resort is 2 mins away from the beach so we get the breeze all day and night.

I like the heat too. Used to spend my summers in the south of Italy where it was generally high 30s/low 40s though night times were unbearable as my grandparents house had no air con and even when we bought them some oscillating fans all they achieved was blowing the hot air around.

I was in Portugal last sumner during part of the UK heatwave, this year's 'summer' is pissing me off. Spent most of last week in work with the sun beating down then got to Saturday and it was pants.

No problem with 30s but high 20s is pleasant and comfortable.

I get really pissed off with shit weather in the summer. Our houses aren't built for it though. With insulation, carpets and curtains they are made for the winter. Foreign houses have plaster walls and marble floors meaning they are freezing in the winter months even if its not that cold outside.

The heat and humidity in Singapore was unbearable. I love the heat and can withstand pretty warm climates, but Singapore was too much, 37 degrees, 80% humidity... it makes it uncomfortable to walk around in, as you sweat so much that you start to chafe your nether regions and it's very tiring. I've done the same temperature in Florida and it was manageable as it was not as humid.
Paddy would still have his housecoat on claiming it was "mild".

I have been to Singapore plenty of times. It’s certainly a very wet humid heat. You have dress sensibly for it, and wearing a blue shirt is a really bad idea. Nice touch is on the streets they have big fans that blow cool water mist over you while you wait for the traffic lights to change. I like Singapore but not sure I would want to live there.

It was like that in Dubai. Walked for 5 minutes from a restuarant to a shopping centre and it looked like we had swam there!! (we were lucky apparently as the week before it was so hot and humid even the locals couldn't cope with it but it went back down to an acceptable 45d for us) So looking forward to that experience again in Singapore in September

Had very similar in Rome in July, all the Italian men walking around looking suave and sexy and then me having three showers a day ad still looking like a fat walking sweat gland :)

Oman was the hottest, most humid place I’ve been. Was working there as well, I’ve never sweat like that in my life.

Yep, hated every minute I was in Oman. I'm not even that bothered by heat, but humidity plus working in Oman drove me nuts.

we've had the last ten to twelve days in the fourties, worst day 46c here in the village. great if you don't have to work, i have lost 8 kilos in that time and i never lose or gain weight ever ever ever. but i have finished work until September now, and tommorrow, the sea and cypro, not necessarily in that order!
I've been here almost 30 years but chaps this is kin hot.

The hottest I have experienced was probably Athens in August 1986 (i think it was). Mid forties. Absolutely melting.

Have found it be somewhat warm near my brother's place in Queensland. His old pad was in a town about ten miles into the outback side of Toowoomba. The earth was red, it was baking, and the FLIES, oh my God, the flies.

I lived and worked out in the ME (Dubai, Abu Dhabi & Qatar, followed with Bahrai and Saudi) a few years back. It could get toasty out there. When it hit 50C we stopped working outdoors.

The hottest I have experienced was probably Athens in August 1986 (i think it was). Mid forties. Absolutely melting.

Have found it be somewhat warm near my brother's place in Queensland. His old pad was in a town about ten miles into the outback side of Toowoomba. The earth was red, it was baking, and the FLIES, oh my God, the flies.
In NSW in the summer, the mozzies are wicked.

Went to Texas with work last year. Walked out of the airport and promptly puked my ring up because of the heat.

Did the same in Florida a few years back but that was after a particularly bumpy flight.

Went to Texas with work last year. Walked out of the airport and promptly puked my ring up because of the heat.

Did the same in Florida a few years back but that was after a particularly bumpy flight.

Was in Texas (San Antonio) a few weeks ago with work.
Gulf winds across a flat landscape with hot humid heat. Actual temperature was only 88. But with humidity felt like 99!

Yep, hated every minute I was in Oman. I'm not even that bothered by heat, but humidity plus working in Oman drove me nuts.

Whereabouts were you? We were in Muscat in the massive Toyota dealership.

Whereabouts were you? We were in Muscat in the massive Toyota dealership.
In Muscat too, mainly at PAEW - the utility company. Stayed in the Radisson if I remember correctly. I'd have actually quite liked it if I was on holiday, but it was a god awful place to work.

Back