• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

With all the fixture changes, at least we know that Sky like the hospitality when they come to Molineux.

No they don't match up but I'd be interested to know how many live Champioship games were shown last season compared to this.

75 FL games plus pay offs and League Cup for both seasons....no more games, just a lot more us!

There are a few games coming up in the New Year which I'd like to get train tickets for once they are released three months in advance. But you then run the risk of exactly the same happening to those fixtures and you are then left with non-refundable tickets.

I think the club helped people out with travel when the Fulham game got moved. Not 100% on that but pretty sure I saw something.

They did - Jez personally signed the cheques

Wonder if Jez will pay for my hotel room for the forest game...!

It is very disappointing for 3 home games to be moved tbh. Makes buying a season ticket next year more difficult, especially as a fan oop North!

They're grown ups and they're professionals - fair play to KJ for showing a bit of ruthlessness with them when their form dropped.

What I like about KJ is he is obviously a good man, but he is also so ruthless.

He had no qualms transfer listing four experience professionals as soon as he came in. The likes of Stearman, Edwards, Doyle had to work hard to earn their place in the side. Two did and Doyle who he clearly liked he could see he wasn't what we needed. Ricketts he was utterly ruthless with, and now Ikeme and Stearman. So far I'd say he's got those very big calls right.

Jacobs too - although I would argue both he and Ricketts were slightly hard done by last season as Edwards and Doherty went week after week with appalling returns. At a time when we were without Dicko we really couldn't afford to have a complete creative void at number 10 at the same time, and having undefended cross after undefended cross coming in from our right hand side every single week was completely screwing us. Now Jacobs and Ricketts might not have done anything to improve us - after all, they're both back playing in L1 now - but I really don't think they could have been any worse, and they didn't get a chance to prove it either way.

Those two are his blind spots, I suppose every manager has them. He did explain at the last FP what he saw as Edwards' attributes but it sounded very much to me like "he's played a lot of games and he runs around a lot"! I'd love him to talk through why he sees Doherty as a competent defender at this level.

Wednesday game pushed back to the Sunday too.

Brighton game moved to New Years Day for Sky.

Fucking hell - 4 games in the space of about 3 weeks all on telly?!

I'm sure there'll be a full transport service to the south coast on New Years Day. What are Sky playing at??

From a selfish point of view I'm fucking delighted that all these games are being moved as I just don't have the money/time to get to games at the moment.

Do feel for all the STH's being affected though.

It means I get to see more games too but I'm still angry on behalf of the STHs (I was one for ten years).

It's always the fans that get fucked over, but what's new?

It means I get to see more games too but I'm still angry on behalf of the STHs (I was one for ten years).

It's always the fans that get fucked over, but what's new?

It would be nice if the club had an opt out facility just as the government has with Europe.

Tim 2's take:

Four of six Wolves games from Dec 11 to Jan 1 are on TV. Sky Sports are going left field in the Christmas ratings war. Watch out Strictly.

Back