• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

He's gotten a massively raw deal here.

Not really, he isn't our best goalkeeper. He even got a second chance out of nowhere which didn't look like it'd be on the cards and let the manager down with two sub-League Two errors in two games.

He's a fine keeper, bringing in Martinez made very little sense at the time and there's no way to say that he makes those two errors in his "second chance" if he wasn't dropped out of nowhere to begin with.

He's a fine keeper, bringing in Martinez made very little sense at the time and there's no way to say that he makes those two errors in his "second chance" if he wasn't dropped out of nowhere to begin with.

He was injured the first time around

He was injured the first time around

Aye but clearly not long-term enough to normally warrant bringing in a loanee at the position.

Having seen the pair play it isn't even close. Martinez is better by a long way. Ikeme is just an average keeper for this level, has the odd stormer of a game, chucks his fair share in and goes through spells of not saving anything.

Aye but clearly not long-term enough to normally warrant bringing in a loanee at the position.

We got Martinez in as it looks like McCarey is slowly being shown the exit door. He came into challenge Ikeme and so far has won that.

I don't see it that way; you don't bring in a loanee to compete, you bring them in to play. The writing was on the wall as soon as Emi put pen to paper.

Signed plenty of keepers on loan to sit on the bench

If it were the case that Ken were determined to play Emi no matter what then he wouldn't have dropped him after the QPR game, he'd have just left him in and said "he is my number one". Ikeme then totally fucked up at Cardiff, got given some more rope and produced an even worse error against Charlton. So my sympathy is in pretty short supply for him given that he's played three league games and been at fault for three goals.

Martinez is by far the better keeper and I'm saying that as a big fan of Carl Ikeme.

Only the Forest fixture change bothers me as i will have to get someone to cover me working. I can see why people will not be happy though.

On the keepers, Martinez is much better than Ikeme.

Martinez is by far the better keeper and I'm saying that as a big fan of Carl Ikeme.

Yep - I agree with this.

I don't agree with the flak Jackett got for changing them round either. Ikeme made some errors, Martinez was given a chance. He ballsed it up, back to Ikeme, he didn't make the most of that chance. Back to Martinez who has looked superb since. So the shirt is his - if his standards slip, we've a very good keeper in Ikeme to keep him on his heels.

They're grown ups and they're professionals - fair play to KJ for showing a bit of ruthlessness with them when their form dropped.

Just seen the fixture changes on Twitter, well pissed off, Championship fans who love their football on Saturday afternoon paying the price for Sky losing the Champions League rights.

Just seen the fixture changes on Twitter, well pissed off, Championship fans who love their football on Saturday afternoon paying the price for Sky losing the Champions League rights.

Nothing to do with that really.

They didn't show Championship games on Wednesday's and Thursday's last season as far as I can remember.

They didn't show Championship games on Wednesday's and Thursday's last season as far as I can remember.

That would only follow if they were showing these games when CL football was on BT, pretty sure none of them match up.

No they don't match up but I'd be interested to know how many live Champioship games were shown last season compared to this.

Back