• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

I'm sure the Boro fans are well pleased about this change too:

CQzVmZRWEAAKxz1.jpg

Just a short trek down the motorway on a mild Suffolk evening....

I accept the concept of "he who pays the piper calls the tune", but as things stand 2 of those games are mid table battles. I know Wolves, Forest and Leeds all have above average followings, but it's hardly going to grab the neutral. Forest is also a free game for the MyWolves kids and a night game is a difficult ask for me.

They had Boro on Sky at 12:30 away at Bournemouth last season so I'm sure that doesn't seem too bad.

Just how many home games have been moved already this season?
Hull to a stupid O'Clock kick off on a Sunday....

A season ticket gives you 6 free games I think. That is 5 home games on telly at the half way stage.

We had no Saturday 3pm home games from Watford (7th March) to Charlton (29th August) exclusive earlier this year. There'll be a gap between McDons (28th Nov) and Cardiff (16th Jan) now.

This takes us to five televised home games in the first half of this season and three of our final four were shown last season. So eight out of 16 will be the running tally once we get to Boxing Day.

This is why I don't have a ST. When we are in this league we are always on the box, Sky love coming here because the facilities are great for them and the viewing figures will be decent for Championship standard.

Friday 11th December - Wolves v Forest

Thursday 17th December - Wolves v Leeds

Saturday 26th December - Wolves v Reading

ALL moved for Sky.

And that'll be a lot of happy season ticket holders. That's a total pisstake.

You have to be fucking kidding. Three home games all season so far and I can guarantee I won't make at least two of those. Fuck ever getting a season ticket again. Sky destroy all the fucking value.

That's crazy. We do seem to have been selected A LOT for sky games this season already.

Total piss take.

Surely the Sheffield Wedsnesday away game on Sat 19th Dec will be moved if we are playing Leeds two nights before?

Total piss take.

Surely the Sheffield Wedsnesday away game on Sat 19th Dec will be moved if we are playing Leeds two nights before?
Yes it has, playing them on the Sunday now.

I was off on Tuesday 15th and booked Wednesday 16th off so I could come down for the Leeds game and I've booked a day off work for Saturday 12th for the forest game...This is a fucking joke. Never mind Sky, do the club have no say in the games selected? Even Wolves must realise that all three in December is taking the piss

You have to be fucking kidding. Three home games all season so far and I can guarantee I won't make at least two of those. Fuck ever getting a season ticket again. Sky destroy all the fucking value.

At least when/if we go up the games will only be moved when we play teams in the Europa Cup and when Sky realise they need to show us at least 3 times.

My decision not to renew looks a good one right now. I would be fucked off if I was an STH this time around

Nope

We get money and do as we are told

Don't sky have to show a certain number of ALL clubs HOME fixtures or is it just all teams have to be on Sky a minimum number of times be that home OR away?

Strange times for Ikeme. Not looking like playing club football any time soon, but Enyeama has just walked out and called it quits for Nigeria, so has a big opportunity there. Games against DR Congo and Cameroon

He's gotten a massively raw deal here.

Don't sky have to show a certain number of ALL clubs HOME fixtures or is it just all teams have to be on Sky a minimum number of times be that home OR away?

Sky have to pay each team for a certain amount of live games per season. They don't actually have to show the full amount though.

In the Prem, you are guaranteed to be paid for 10 live games, even if they only show you 6 times. Doesn't matter they are home or away games

Need someone to knock up some banners.

palace.jpg

130203-063-Man_City_Liverpool-600x252.jpg

Back