• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

I only saw it via Twitter so only went on the one page.

50 best pubs in the country according to a guy that's been to 50,000. The Crooked House is in there as well.

What list is that Pablo as I refuse to click on that shithouse of a site.

Some guy has visited over 50,000 pubs and has listed his favourite 50 (no particular order) Great Western on the list, as is Turf Tavern in Bloxwich (don't think that's in my top 50) and the Crooked House in Gornal Wood (remember going there a fair few years back)

I'm surprised the Crooked House hasn't made the list.

The three tuns in dronfield is shit. No idea why he has included it.

I only saw it via Twitter so only went on the one page.

50 best pubs in the country according to a guy that's been to 50,000. The Crooked House is in there as well.

Some guy has visited over 50,000 pubs and has listed his favourite 50 (no particular order) Great Western on the list, as is Turf Tavern in Bloxwich (don't think that's in my top 50) and the Crooked House in Gornal Wood (remember going there a fair few years back)

Crooked House is in there as well.

The Crooked House is also on the list btw.

I'm surprised the Crooked House hasn't made the list.

Whooooosh.

I follow a guy on Twitter who is working his way through visiting every pub in the CAMRA Great British Beer Guide.

I was once in a pub when the Black Country Ale Tairsters minibus turned up and they all barged their way to the bar as if royalty had arrived. Drank a pint then all got back on the minibus to repeat elsewhere.

Driven real ale clubs night outs before,they're ok to take out,sensible don't get pissed and lairy and good tippers,only downside is sitting on pub car parks all night

New catering partners for next season. Same people who do Stamford Bridge and the new Spurs stadium. Sounds like bigger and better selection of food and beers plus also a push toward cashless operations

It says increased draft beer points - are there ANY draft beer points in the concourses at all?

New catering partners for next season. Same people who do Stamford Bridge and the new Spurs stadium. Sounds like bigger and better selection of food and beers plus also a push toward cashless operations
Won't have anything to do with beers. We're still tied into that shit Carling contract.

In WV1 bar I think there are some pull pumps but nowhere else I have ever seen outside the corporate areas

Won't have anything to do with beers. We're still tied into that shit Carling contract.
Subbing out usually gives wriggle room to allow the subby to choose their own suppliers though. I've been shafted by companies doing that to me in the past.

Read the article. We have Singha available in WV1 and corporate and that is of those available at Chelsea in the concourses so there is hope. Plus it would be relatively easy if a bit pricey to buy ourselves out of the carling deal if we had to. I’m interested in them improving the crap food selection. Menus like those at Spurs would be more than welcome.

Back