• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

Amstel is four quid a pint at Spurs which is INSANE for London prices, so I would welcome a similar philosophy.

The Beavertown drinks are way cheaper than the normal London prices as well. They want the fans in the Stadium and have the facilities and the pricing to do it. We might get the pricing right but currently don't have a set up that means fans can be there in numbers early doors. As Fosun want this to happen you would expect them to be looking at Spurs for the way forward

But equally Fosun are well aware that Wolves is within Wolverhampton as a city. There is absolutely nowhere around White Hart Lane. Double Six would look like the Savoy Grill. Fosun are well aware of the number of excellent pubs in the city that rely on the football traffic. They surely won't undercut those businesses. I expect prices to be similar to what Spurs charge now. Still reasonable for inside a football stadium, but not the undercut that Spurs are providing to drag drinkers out of central London and straight to the ground.

Don't ever eat or drink in the ground, but that's as much to do with the queue's as anything else - sort that out & they might get money off me.

But equally Fosun are well aware that Wolves is within Wolverhampton as a city. There is absolutely nowhere around White Hart Lane. Double Six would look like the Savoy Grill. Fosun are well aware of the number of excellent pubs in the city that rely on the football traffic. They surely won't undercut those businesses. I expect prices to be similar to what Spurs charge now. Still reasonable for inside a football stadium, but not the undercut that Spurs are providing to drag drinkers out of central London and straight to the ground.

Fosuns aim is to have people in the Stadium 60-90 minutes before the game. That is achievable but a lot of investment is needed to get that. That won't really hit the local pubs that much

BTW - that clubcard idea would be an excellent one. Might email Laurie D and co. about that idea.

Ajax do it at the Amsterdam Arena. Went there for an England game and you can top the card up at home or at a terminal on the concourse like an Oyster Card. Im sure they could even put new smart cards out which are season tickets and cashless card in one.

If the ground expands to say 45k capacity there will be sufficient drinkers for both the surrounding pubs and within the ground.

Fosuns aim is to have people in the Stadium 60-90 minutes before the game. That is achievable but a lot of investment is needed to get that. That won't really hit the local pubs that much
The fan park the other week was pretty good and if we were to do it for Fulham I'd probably head there for a quick drink pre match, weather dependent.

The fan park the other week was pretty good and if we were to do it for Fulham I'd probably head there for a quick drink pre match, weather dependent.
Where was the fan park?

I cannot believe you all mentioned the word 'craft' several times on this thread and Machin hasn't hoved into view, I thought if you said it three times a Batman signal shaped like a handled pint glass shone over Wolverhampton to signal him :)

I cannot believe you all mentioned the word 'craft' several times on this thread and Machin hasn't hoved into view, I thought if you said it three times a Batman signal shaped like a handled pint glass shone over Wolverhampton to signal him :)

what exactly are 'craft' beers? Small runs from independent breweries?

It means charge a couple of quid extra... Craft beer means whatever you want it to mean, it's not defined. Even Fosters has the word craft on their glasses...
Bit like 'artisanal' pizzas or 'gourmet' burgers...

It means charge a couple of quid extra... Craft beer means whatever you want it to mean, it's not defined. Even Fosters has the word craft on their glasses...
Bit like 'artisanal' pizzas or 'gourmet' burgers...

gotcha.

:2xGay:

what exactly are 'craft' beers? Small runs from independent breweries?

Kind of. It usually implies a focus on quality ingredients and flavour over profit. Usually independent, usually small scale but not explicitly so.

It's crafted instead of mass produced in giant urinals.

Back