• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

I am aware of that. Keg bitter is fucking shite though. If there is an opportunity to increase the beer selection in that direction then cask is perfection but unlikely because of turnover issues. You aren’t going too see Bathams pull pumps everywhere in the ground of that I am sure. So maybe craft and cans is the way to go?

Decent bottles or cans would do me. Plus the ability to have cold lager and not cold bitter would be a good.

Carling draft in the NB, not that I’d drink it. Takes them years to pour it though and then longer to work the till, fortunately contactless now available in NB which helps. The sooner cash it banned and everything can be done with Apple Pay/ contactless the better.

Are they going to employ staff who last more than one game? Someone starts, is slow, has to ask for help, gets stressed as people get irate, doesn't do another game. Wash, rinse, repeat

They could solve the issue by having people on set areas e.g hot drinks, beer, till. Rather than having people sauntering around with no urgency, waiting to share a till, queuing to use the hot water tap. I rarely buy anything, but the occasional time I do it’s painful and that’s in the NB where the service is “the best” and most modern.

Presumably they will roll out the bottom fill speed pour draft for later across the whole ground. Contactless would be great but I would want a cash alternative. If we have a game just before payday I always withdraw the amount of cash that doesn’t take me into debt and have that as my limit for the day. If it is contactless ONLY then that becomes difficult to track and that would piss me off.

Presumably they will roll out the bottom fill speed pour draft for later across the whole ground. Contactless would be great but I would want a cash alternative. If we have a game just before payday I always withdraw the amount of cash that doesn’t take me into debt and have that as my limit for the day. If it is contactless ONLY then that becomes difficult to track and that would piss me off.

You would just have to adjust how you do things. I presume you generally buy a pie/burger and maybe a Pint in the ground. So £5 or so left in if you know we have a game coming up and you are sorted.

We will go cashless. Might be worth asking via the F-P if they could do a club card that you can upload with cash that can be used on the contactless points.

I used the contactless on Wednesday. Worked well and as expected. Service was still lazy and distintersted though.

Might need more than a fiver if they go with a menu like at Spurs. The fish and chips is apparently bloody excellent and I think around 8 quid. Like you say, just got to adjust the plans. Paying contactless in the London also occasionally causes me "have I got enough in the bank for that" issues...

I am aware of that. Keg bitter is fucking shite though. If there is an opportunity to increase the beer selection in that direction then cask is perfection but unlikely because of turnover issues. You aren’t going too see Bathams pull pumps everywhere in the ground of that I am sure. So maybe craft and cans is the way to go?

It won't be craft beer. When they say 'increased draft' all they mean is there will be more taps of plastic cup bottom fill Carling/Banks's/Cider to speed up service and reduce overcrowding.

BTW - that clubcard idea would be an excellent one. Might email Laurie D and co. about that idea.

Do you not have an app on your phone which tells you how much money you have in your account at any one time? And your contactless transaction will just be declined if you haven’t got the funds, you can’t go overdrawn.

And card transactions are the easiest to track as you literally have a list telling you what you spent?

BTW - that clubcard idea would be an excellent one. Might email Laurie D and co. about that idea.

No idea if they still use it but Coventry City fans had something similar when the Ricoh opened

It won't be craft beer. When they say 'increased draft' all they mean is there will be more taps of plastic cup bottom fill Carling/Banks's/Cider to speed up service and reduce overcrowding.

That could be backed up by craft in cans. ALL the grounds serviced by this provider provide a considerably wider range than the shit choices we have now. I expect Singha to be straight in there as a second lager choice, as already have it in WV1 and all the posh seats.

Do you not have an app on your phone which tells you how much money you have in your account at any one time? And your contactless transaction will just be declined if you haven’t got the funds, you can’t go overdrawn.

And card transactions are the easiest to track as you literally have a list telling you what you spent?

I don't use electronic or phone banking. Never have, never will.

No idea if they still use it but Coventry City fans had something similar when the Ricoh opened
Both our cricket club and rugby club do it, you get a discount with it too. It's a bit of a pain in the ass tbh as its two extra cards to carry.

That could be backed up by craft in cans. ALL the grounds serviced by this provider provide a considerably wider range than the shit choices we have now. I expect Singha to be straight in there as a second lager choice, as already have it in WV1 and all the posh seats.
I'd be surprised if that was the case tbh, I think most fans are happy with the options currently available. Doubt if it's much of a priority for Wolves like it would be for a club based in London.

Well, Singha would be as it is easily the popular one in WV1. You could live in hope that the craft can idea might happen. I guess we must wait and see.

I'd be surprised if that was the case tbh, I think most fans are happy with the options currently available. Doubt if it's much of a priority for Wolves like it would be for a club based in London.

You're right, I bet the amount of people inside Molineux who even know about craft let alone drink it is pretty small. All the people I see on the concourse are more than happy with Carling, cider or bitter. I doubt I'll ever drink in there. Nearly did at HT against Arsenal as I was buzzing but thought better of it in the end.

Amstel is four quid a pint at Spurs which is INSANE for London prices, so I would welcome a similar philosophy.

Back