• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

Big Chris Iwelumo returns to Wolves as head coach of the Under 18s..

Big Chris Iwelumo returns to Wolves as head coach of the Under 18s..

Didn't realise he could coach, found this.

http://beatsandrhymesfc.com/chris-i...orpe-striker-with-an-encore-you-didnt-expect/

“I think how football is put to players, especially in Germany. It was a very good standard, there was no stone unturned with the formations and how players were taught football and coached.
“It was a massive learning curve for me and I became a better player for it, definitely.”

Good on him, nice to see a coach of color get on the road (and from the ground up, no less! No Sol Campbell-ing about) to the higher levels.

Good on him, nice to see a coach of color get on the road (and from the ground up, no less! No Sol Campbell-ing about) to the higher levels.

Any chance you can pack this in? It's been debunked on numerous occasions and it's bloody annoying that you bring race into it. Big Chris is a legend in these parts and it's the fact he's an ex-player that was well liked during his time that people are warming to not his bloody colour.

Also Tony Daley has been a coach at Wolves for years now and nobody has commented on his colour.

Sorry you feel that way.

I bet you went to 10 Downing Street after Terry Connor was sacked ay Alan.

I bet you went to 10 Downing Street after Terry Connor was sacked ay Alan.

Nah, like the bloke but his record was indefensible.

I don't see how congratulating a black man on starting from the bottom of the proverbial coaching barrel, or thereabouts (which was generally agreed to be the proper way for black prospective coaches to go about things the last time this came up) is anything like a radical statement.

I don't understand why you always have to bring colour into it.

Nah, like the bloke but his record was indefensible.

I don't see how congratulating a black man on starting from the bottom of the proverbial coaching barrel, or thereabouts (which was generally agreed to be the proper way for black prospective coaches to go about things the last time this came up) is anything like a radical statement.

Or how about just congratulating a bloke that was ex Wolves instead of bringing colour (with a u) into it.

I don't understand why you always have to bring colour into it.

His color is a part of it whether I bring it up or not.

I think that the huge racial disparity in coaching makes it worth mentioning.

I think that the huge racial disparity in coaching makes it worth mentioning.

Why, when nobody else has? Just congratulate Chris for being the coach he is and hopefully turning a crop of players into Wolves first teamers.

Why, when nobody else has? Just congratulate Chris for being the coach he is and hopefully turning a crop of players into Wolves first teamers.

I have done.

Personally I am delighted to see Big Chris back at the club. Very happy memories of when he was last here

I heard about this a few hours ago, only just have I even considered he was from a minority background. It's good that the club are prepared to give a Scot an opportunity

Back