• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

Still a ridiculous price for a shitehole stadium.

Its the only stadium that its uphill on the way to the ground and uphill on the way back afterwards, it defies physics :)

Shame I always have enjoyed my day out at Hillsborough, couple of train stops for me, but I won't be there this year at that price. I assume the new owners are going to throw a few quid around and attempt to justify it!

Last edited:
Nightmare regarding Sheff Wed tickets, looks like I won't be heading to a local (for me) away game!

That's shit. I got a couple mates who are Weds fans and we sually meet up before and after the game for a few beers. At that price though I think I may give it a miss? Wonder what the Leeds prices will be like this year?

£45 for second tier football is frankly a fucking disgrace. They can fuck off. I hope they have empty away ends all season.

It's basically putting a gun to the head of the home fans too and forcing them to buy a ST.

New owners seem to be delightful chaps don't they? If this is foreign ownership they can keep it.

That's shit. I got a couple mates who are Weds fans and we sually meet up before and after the game for a few beers. At that price though I think I may give it a miss? Wonder what the Leeds prices will be like this year?

Leeds will be £38 same as last year. Midweek game as well.

There is only way to stop the ridiculous prices some clubs charge to watch football. Empty away ends for a few weeks will soon see a change of policy.

The "people will vote with their dollar" thing has been largely disproven. If people here are willing to pay upward of £7000 on one game (The Super Bowl, CFB Playoff, etc, not even including travel expenses), I think it will be found that thw British sporting public are much the same.

And yes, I appreciate that the two markets are not apples to apples.

The "people will vote with their dollar" thing has been largely disproven. If people here are willing to pay upward of £7000 on one game (The Super Bowl, CFB Playoff, etc, not even including travel expenses), I think it will be found that thw British sporting public are much the same.

Dunno about that Alan outside the major sides attendances have levelled out, the average age of a Premier League Season Ticket Holder is now something around the mid-40's, 15-20 years ago it was in the mid-20's, (basically it is the same people), people in their late teens, early 20's now cannot afford to go to games, so they wont get in the habit of going later on in life when they have a bit of spare cash.

I don't think it's purely about money for the very big teams.

As you say the same people are going now as those who were there 15-20 years ago, most of the top clubs have substantial waiting lists for season tickets these days, so if these old boys are holding onto their tickets then there just isn't any opportunity for the youngsters to get into it, even if they could afford to.

Your last sentence says it all. You cannot compare the American Football market to a championship football team. If you want to do that I suggest you look at the attendences in baseball and you will see the equivalent drop in attendees with the price correlation.

There is no way the Trentham Thunder (NJ) could raise their prices as their attendances will fall. Top level is the top level and your argument holds water.

Wolves@OfficialWolves 30 mins30 minutes ago BREAKING | @BEnobakhare signs a new two-year contract at Wolves with the option for a further year. #WWFC

CKG7bTPUMAAdR7a.jpg

Nicely done, Wolves. Hoping to see him become our number 4 striker this year (reallllllly hoping the Ivan Toney deal happens so we have a reasonable number 3).

Quick question for My Wolves members. Have any of you received your new smartcards yet? I've got mine set to auto-renew and a few weeks ago I received an email saying that they'd received payment for the 15/16 season. Still no card in the post though and looking at my account online I'm still sat at 0 loyalty points.

Received my smartcard today but my account is still sat at 0 loyalty points. Anybody else experiencing the same?

Back