• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

I heard about this a few hours ago, only just have I even considered he was from a minority background. It's good that the club are prepared to give a Scot an opportunity

:easy:

Did anyone watch this: Coach Cam

Pretty cool to see that side of things.

Kevin Thelwell, Rob Edwards and now Big Chris, had no experience in the jobs they were given at Wolves. It is not a critisism, just an observation.
I hope big Chris and Rob Edwards do a fantastic job.

Last edited:
Dave Edwards?

Could be forgiven for thinking he'd never played football before tbf.

Yep dragged off the street to play at the heart of our midfield. That is what some folk on here would have you believe!

Apparently a scout picked him out after seeing him chase a balloon around the local park.

Thelwell did a similar job at Derby before that he also worked with Billy Davies as head of the Academy at Preston. I think you need to do your homework THM.

Sorry, I don't know why I put Dave Edwards in with the other two, I meant Rob Edwards. My mistake.
I stand by the other two. Can I replace Dave Edwards with Steve Morgan?

Last edited:
Thelwell did a similar job at Derby before that he also worked with Billy Davies as head of the Academy at Preston. I think you need to do your homework THM.

I of course stand corrected with Dave Edwards, I meant Rob Edwards, but Kevin Thelwell is head of development and recruitment at Wolves. I don't think he had been responsible for first team recruitment before?

Last edited:
I of course stand corrected with Dave Edwards, but kevin Thelwell is head of development and recruitment at Wolves. I don't think he had been responsible for recruitment before?

And you'd be wrong. He recruited for Derby at both Academy and first team level. My worry is his association with Billy Davies.......:shudder:

And you'd be wrong. He recruited for Derby at both Academy and first team level. My worry is his association with Billy Davies.......:shudder:

Who did he recruit for Derby's first team? I only ask, because when he was given the job, there were many people moaning he was the cheap option. A little bit like our TC situation.
I think Thelwell has done a good job, for what that is worth.

Just looked it up and Kevin Thelwell was only first team manager at Derby for 2 days. If find it unlikely he bought any players in that time.
I got this off wikipedia.

After an unsuccessful start to their top flight campaign, Billy Davies left the club by mutual consent in November 2007 and Thelwell was appointed as caretaker manager in the interim (two day) period before the appointment of Paul Jewell as their new manager

Last edited:
Well if you're quoting wiki I must be wrong. I'll trust my own experiences in player recruitment rather than an internet page. But, you know, you believe what you want.

!Wolves fans moaning about cheap option! shocker!

!Wolves fans moaning about cheap option! shocker!

I agree with you, but many did and continue to do so! What is almost as bad, is if a football club is going for the cheap option, closing their eyes, and saying all is well.
I am quite happy at the direction the club is going at the moment. I do believe in a good youth system. I also believe to have a good youth system, you need to employ the very best youth coaches.

Last edited:
This is off Molineux Mix from training today:

My mate Paul took his two sons down to Compton today to see the players train.
They set up X1 v X1 and if we read into it being accurate the First X1 was as follows.
Ikeme
Iorfa
Stearman
Hause
Golbourne
KMac
Coady
VLP
Edwards
Dicko
Afobe
He had a chat with Coady who said he is loving it here and is moving into Tettenhall next week.
BCI said he is thrilled to be back at the club.
Joe Gallen came over and said we still want a left sided attacker and another striker.He said we may have to wait until towards the end of August which might suggest loanees.
He said he didn't think there was much substance in Charlton's pursuit of Henry.Someone asked about the absence of Jacobs and he said with a smile 'He isn't here today we will see if he is here tomorrow '? -A transfer in the offing?
They believe Afobe is the real deal but they are aware that other clubs are aware of his attributes.They aren't sure about a front two of Afobe andDicko because they don't defend from the front and close players down enough.
He asked various fans opinions and there was a concencus about the inconsistency of VLP and he intimated that they shared the fans frustrations .
They are working on various permutations to take into account the different types of pitches from October onwards.
They love working with the young players because they are receptive,prepared to work and always looking to improve unlike bringing in 28 year olds who think they know it all,won't listen and won't work hard enough.
Of the Development squad they think Bright Wilson and Ronan are closest to the First Team.
Paul said they seemed genuinely interested in gauging opinion and were equally forthcoming about a number of things which was a marked difference to similar visits when Mick was here.
#from the horses mouth.

He also said they played 4-3-3 and 4-2-3-1.

Back