• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

Its annoying that we've wasted a good month or so getting in Iwelumo. The kids needs stability after Edwards left and now we have to go through the process again so close to the season starting.

They'll probably offer it to the second choice.

Ludo Pollet was rumoured to be in the running, if we can't have BCI I'd love to see Ludo back at Wolves.

Its a bullshit excuse. Does Iwelumo live in Scotland again after retirement ? If you make a commitment as huge as this you would way up the pro's and cons first, he liked the opportunity so he should have upped sticks and moved back down here. Stinks really.

Its a bull$#@! excuse. Does Iwelumo live in Scotland again after retirement ? If you make a commitment as huge as this you would way up the pro's and cons first, he liked the opportunity so he should have upped sticks and moved back down here. Stinks really.

You seem quite agitated by the news.

Its a bullshit excuse. Does Iwelumo live in Scotland again after retirement ? If you make a commitment as huge as this you would way up the pro's and cons first, he liked the opportunity so he should have upped sticks and moved back down here. Stinks really.

He's doing a Sports Journalism degree at Staffordshire Uni so must live in the area.

Football/real life analogies are generally a load of bunk, but I've started at a place before where everything seemed great at interview etc and within about two days I knew it'd be a disaster. I wish I had bailed after a couple of days...

Same with Jelle van Damme and his situation, sometimes you can't predict these things in advance.

Nice timing as well. The Academy were off to a training camp in Holland today.

To have the best youth set up, you need the very best youth coaches. He wasn't the best and I hope we can now get someone who has a lot of expierence in coaching youngsters at this level. I have a feeling we will go for someone already here. The cheap option if you like.

Have to say I think that's fairly sloppy from all concerned. "Rigorous" interview procedure? Doesn't sound much like it...

As Lycan said above Ludo Pollet was in the running, so we wouldn't have to go through a rigorous process again would we. ?

I do believe in a good youth system. I also believe to have a good youth system, you need to employ the very best youth coaches.

But having spent a few days working at Compton Park, the 36-year-old has decided that, at this stage of his career, he is unable to meet the demands required of such an important position.

“It is with a heavy heart that, having taken on the role and started work, I have quickly realised that I do not think I am up to the demands of the position at this stage of my career,” said Iwelumo.

“As I said last week when taking on the role, I was delighted to have been successful and was really looking forward to it.

“But once I started working with the lads, and planning the way forward, I have decided that I am not ready to take on such an important position

15,000 tickets sold for tomorrow's friendly against Aston Villa. Quite a decent turn out for a pre season game.

Back