• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

Everybody wants to hang round with Paddy. Im dead upset...

Not really, just on your own its not as enjoyable (& may well be sitting next to an idiot rather than a TWF idiot which is of a better class) - I will happily sit next to you as well if you need company

Precisely.

I can remember the ALOB cover with everyone having it loaded on their phone to play it. That actually could work if needed.

I played it on my phone at half time during our friendly with Bohs in 2010, got it going with the few Wolves behind the goal that day. The same day Doherty played for Bohs and Mick liked what he saw....

The Liquidator along with the pie and the pint PR disaster are the standard sticks with which to beat Moxey. A few of my observations:

It's not original, we weren't even the first in the Black Country to use it. Albion playing it is an extra reason why we shouldn't not one as to why we should in my opinion.

We didn't use it as our running out tune for decades continuously as some would have you believe. In the late 80's it was the Happy Wanderer and Simply the Best, not sure about pre that, but there were definitely 5 years or so when it wasn't used.

It did not improve the atmosphere pre match versus now. In fact more people sing HHSL around the ground than did "Fuck off West Brom". For me, this is one big red herring. Undoubtedly it added to the atmosphere for big games, but that was because of the size of the match and fan expectation/excitement, exactly in the same way as Molineux was rocking pre some of the Prem games during HHSL.

In run of the mill games it did not then inspire the team into flying starts, pumped up by the wonderful atmosphere - Corica/Ferguson/Sedgley etc still strolled around looking no more than vaguely interested. Bully still ran his bollocks off.

Fans were given plenty of notice to change the lyrics or it would be banned, they chose not to (me included). At the time as a South Bank STH, I was pissed off, but now as a father and Family Enclosure occupant I can see the alternative viewpoint.

If playing the Liquidator translated to improved performances on the pitch then I would join the argument for bringing it back, as it doesn't (or at least didn't) then I can see why the club does not want to orchestrate a mass singing of "Fuck off" half a dozen times at 2.58 on a Saturday afternoon. I know all kids will hear bad language wherever they go including at football matches, but I do see a distinction between hearing it randomly and organically versus the club conducting a mass Fuckoffathon. I do not believe that in not playing The Liquidator we are some sort of inferior "family club" like Fulham or Ipswich as I have seen written. Personally although I'm not a Moxey fan I don't see this as a stick with which to beat him with, although I appreciate that this is probably a minority viewpoint

Last edited:
The Liquidator along with the pie and the pint PR disaster are the standard sticks with which to beat Moxey. A few of my observations:

It's not original, we weren't even the first in the Black Country to use it. Albion playing it is an extra reason why we shouldn't not one as to why we should in my opinion.

We didn't use it as our running out tune for decades continuously as some would have you believe. In the late 80's it was the Happy Wanderer and Simply the Best, not sure about pre that, but there were definitely 5 years or so when it wasn't used.

It did not improve the atmosphere pre match versus now. In fact more people sing HHSL around the ground than did "Fuck off West Brom". For me, this is one big red herring. Undoubtedly it added to the atmosphere for big games, but that was because of the size of the match and fan expectation/excitement, exactly in the same way as Molineux was rocking pre some of the Prem games during HHSL.

In run of the mill games it did not then inspire the team into flying starts, pumped up by the wonderful atmosphere - Corica/Ferguson/Sedgley etc still strolled around looking no more than vaguely interested. Bully still ran his bollocks off.

Fans were given plenty of notice to change the lyrics or it would be banned, they chose not to (me included). At the time as a South Bank STH, I was pissed off, but now as a father and Family Enclosure occupant I can see the alternative viewpoint.

If playing the Liquidator translated to improved performances on the pitch then I would join the argument for bringing it back, as it doesn't (or at least didn't) then I can see why the club does not want to orchestrate a mass singing of "Fuck off" half a dozen times at 2.58 on a Saturday afternoon. I know all kids will hear bad language wherever they go including at football matches, but I do see a distinction between hearing it randomly and organically versus the club conducting a mass Fuckoffathon. I do not believe that in not playing The Liquidator we are some sort of inferior "family club" like Fulham or Ipswich as I have seen written. Personally although I'm not a Moxey fan I don't see this as a stick with which to beat him with, although I appreciate that this is probably a minority viewpoint

Good post sir.

I think it's generally accepted that it'll never return, having said that i'd like to see HHSL replaced if only for the fact that reminds of the hours of my life i've lost hanging on the ticket phone.

I think it's generally accepted that it'll never return, having said that i'd like to see HHSL replaced if only for the fact that reminds of the hours of my life i've lost hanging on the ticket phone.

All they need to do is let the song play through. Hearing the first verse several times every minute is rather annoying. Thank fuck for online sales.

I really like HHSL at kick off! I think it's brilliant to be honest, my friends who have been have always commented on it too!

Wednesday are charging £52 for Cat A games next season, which you'll imagine Wolves will be. They can go fuck themselves for that price.

Wednesday are charging £52 for Cat A games next season, which you'll imagine Wolves will be. They can go $#@! themselves for that price.

Never mind the #10ktoMK , Wolves fans should run a #fuckthatforagameofsoldiersSheffieldWednesday campaign!

Back