• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

Generally I don't care what is played pre-match but if it encourages the South Bank to sing songs other than baiting the North Bank then let's go for it.

That tune will only encourage the SB to sing one song - which was the problem in the first place

Fuck the liquidator off. It will never be back. You would have thought after five years of being told people would know but clearly there are fans so fucking thick-skulled they still go on about it.

But they are the greatest fans in the world. Their lyrical genius knows no bounds.

Darlo keeps trying to bounce me in there, I still don't think it's a good idea. I really don't like the South Bank and the bulk of its inhabitants very much at all.

Well, I signed it.

Took 5 seconds of my time, would improve my matchday experience and there's no reason for it to be banned at Molineux nowhere else. I know it gets repetitive hearing about it all the time but just let us sing the bloody song, it's not going to do any harm.

I'd like an addendum to the motion that the South Bank can have the Liquidator but in turn can't have 'We are the South Bank, we sing on our own'.

They must also admit in writing that actually yeah, Freddy Eastwood was shit.

IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN. It is still banned, courtesy of Squeeze's Dad. And he retired donkey's years ago. On top of this Jez has made it abundantly clear it doesn't fit with our family club aims and desires.

MOVE ON FOR FUCKS FUCKING SAKE.

Not bothered either way, but the annual 'bring it back' is a bit tedious.

Why is it banned though? Because it's got a nasty swearword in it?

It doesn't particularly bother me but I don't see why it's still banned.

Not bothered either way, but the annual 'bring it back' is a bit tedious.

This.

Have West Brom actually brought it back themselves? I saw a few people saying they had but I didn't think they could

I know shall we continue giving ower babbies ower support instead of slagging off Albion again...

Sandwell Council are different to Wolverhampton. The Police went to Wolverhampton council with the nonsensical "incitement to riot" argument. It was minuted. My father-in-law was the leading policeman in doing so. Despite all the shite you read on Molineux Mix that is exactly what happened. And it will never be overturned unless the club were prepared to push it, which will never ever happen with Jez Moxey as CEO.

All very interesting. I just don't see how any of that matters. At this moment all it boils down to is that West Bromwich Albion are allowed to sing exactly the same song as we would but we aren't.

I know it's tedious but it obviously matters to a great deal of our supporters, whatever you think of them.

If all that's standing between it is Jez Moxey's campaign to make us as drab and vanilla as he possibly can then I'm all for the liquidator.

Different councils my friend. We are banned unless the club overturn it.

Which they should. There's very little reason for them not to.

Balls. It is a shite song. It doesn't fit with what they want. It is also a minuted council decision with the police behind it, which didn't happen in Sandwell, hence the difference at the crem. It will never ever EVER EVER EVER be back so people need to get fucking used to it.

As a 'signature' footballing songs it's not even that good - the only time worth singing it is in places like the Litten after the trophy awarding game 2 years ago once all brain cells have been left for dead.

If we really want a 'Wolves' song then need to find something else.

I've got to reason with you Paddy, I honestly don't see why the history behind why it was banned is relevant at all. We're a different club and these are different times. It wont 'incite a riot', it wont turn people away from the ground but it will improve the atmosphere and most importantly stop tedious debates like this which will NEVER NEVER NEVER go away.

As far as Jez Moxey's 'family friendly' spiel is concerned... We're Wolverhampton Wanderers, not Ipswich Town and we never will be. He's the only man standing in the way of this, not the police, not your father-in-law and not Wolverhampton council.

As a 'signature' footballing songs it's not even that good - the only time worth singing it is in places like the Litten after the trophy awarding game 2 years ago once all brain cells have been left for dead.

If we really want a 'Wolves' song then need to find something else.

How about The Impossible Dream?

It's what we've got. Anything started now just seems forced and cringeworthy as we don't have the type of support to start something that big organically.

Back