• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

How can I put this....

The song was sung
The Police objected
The council had a meeting with the police and accepted a nonsense argument and I am still pissed off about that (to the point I would have had it played at my wedding to annoy him had my wife not talked me out of it).
The council decision still is in power
The police are still in favour of it staying in power.
The club are totally in favour of it staying in power.

What happens the Birmingham side of the M6 is irrelevant.

The only reason this debate comes back is because some fans are too fucking thick to realise it is dead as a song.

Pad is a spiritual South Banker, he'd belt it out if he could.

It won't come back, the reasoning is appalling but that is where we are.

As far as Jez Moxey's 'family friendly' spiel is concerned... We're Wolverhampton Wanderers, not Ipswich Town and we never will be. He's the only man standing in the way of this, not the police, not your father-in-law and not Wolverhampton council.

This is wrong. End of.

Pad is a spiritual South Banker, he'd belt it out if he could.

It won't come back, the reasoning is appalling but that is where we are.

To the first point - absolutely yes I would

To the second - I totally agree. I am still annoyed about it every time I see my father in law.

IMO all sides still in favour of it staying in power are wrong. That's why I signed the petition (I wouldn't have bothered if it required more effort than quickly jotting down my name and email address).

Indeed, it isn't for me but some love it. Those people will have to find some other avenue to tell West Brom to fuck off. Pulling at the teacher's sleeves and saying 'Sir, Sir, he did it!' is not the best plan.

I'm thinking of migrating back to the Billy Wright next season, much more my scene.

You said yourself that if the club pushed for it they'd get it overturned (post #833).

Yes. I think they would have a chance. However, don't expect them to play it and see how it goes. We have a licence. One of the terms of that licence will be not to cause shit. Going against a council decision backed up by police feelings on it is asking for trouble.

a) there is no desire within the club for it
b) the risk of unilaterally doing so is daft

Indeed, it isn't for me but some love it. Those people will have to find some other avenue to tell West Brom to fuck off. Pulling at the teacher's sleeves and saying 'Sir, Sir, he did it!' is not the best plan.

I'm thinking of migrating back to the Billy Wright next season, much more my scene.

I am still in the North Bank and now on my own. Rather counting on your company!

I am still in the North Bank and now on my own. Rather counting on your company!

I thought you could do without the barrage of 'Doherty you cant' 'Get tighter Doherty' 'Stop the fucking cross Doherty' and so on.

Nope. With Mini not able to go and Kenny confined to his sofa I need someone to enjoy the games with!

It isn't even a difficult "song" to sing. For the life of me I never understood why the South Bank just didn't learn the rest of the words and belt it out themselves. Ner ner ner ner, ner ner, ner ner ner, de de de de etc...

Oh wait......

That'll be the M5 but hey who cares ;-)

You swine! I wanted to point that out. :(

Although I was going with the slightly different angle that Albion's ground is on the same side of the M6 as Molineux.

Precisely.

I can remember the ALOB cover with everyone having it loaded on their phone to play it. That actually could work if needed.

Well I will try. Bearing in mind you can't make QPR and I am missing Hull, Charlton will have to be the first one.

You swine! I wanted to point that out. :(

Although I was going with the slightly different angle that Albion's ground is on the same side of the M6 as Molineux.

Sorry - but when taking the piss please remember you are attacking the poster who lost his car in plymouth and once couldn't find the Cannock Road to get out of town. #Clearlynotageographyscholar

Not something I was able to deal with at the moving time. For individual matches I am sure i will pop down and move my ticket near you if Dan isn't available.

Nope. With Mini not able to go and Kenny confined to his sofa I need someone to enjoy the games with!

Moved to the SB last year as Darlo & crew went over and saved a favourite seat near them (can't justify a guaranteed season ticket for the number of games I can get to) and as every one stands can usually squeeze extra into their block, but can't always get that one.

If you are prepared to pm me your seat details would be happy to offer company (that's assuming that my company would be acceptable :) )

Back