• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

Come on now lads, I've voted for Conor Coady as Player of the Season, I'm not exactly going to back up Southgate given what I think of his abilities, but talk of him for England at this point is ludicrous.

Not everything is an anti-Wolves conspiracy.

I wouldn’t put Coady in contention for England either (at the moment), but Southgate’s insistance that players must be performing against the top six consistently flies in the face of his inclusion of Livermore. Fucking massive bellface.

If Coady has another season performing like he has but in the Premier League he will be in with a shout. Especially with England playing 3 central defenders.

But he's nowhere near right now.

John Stones will more than likely start the first game of the World Cup whilst not playing regularly for City since January and now not even making their bench. In his last squad 10 weren't regular starters for their club at the time. I'm not saying Coady should play for England but I'd rather pick a Championship player on the back of a fantastic season than a PL one without any game time in his legs.

Gareth would prefer to pick players who play well against the top six every week. Obvs.

Stones is injured, but he's clearly fourth choice and the exit rumours have already begun.

I've just seen those rumours rubbished to be honest. Stones was exceptional before his injury and Pep loves him.

He's easily England's best defender by a mile too. I'd have made him captain a while ago and just left him there (but then I'm a bit of a fanboy)

He played 2 games for England, but didn't start any of the previous 5PL games for City before that, nor their Cup Final. He was getting games against League 1 teams in the FA Cup and dead rubbers in the CL. I'm not convinced Pep does love him after Vinny K finally got fit and he bought Laporte he's firmly 4th choice centre half.

Well that is a huge surprise...

Waste of everyone's time

Pleased they have confirmed what we all knew. It won't stop fans of every other club bitching. Just showed that article to a bloke I sit next to at work (who is a Man Utd fan) and his first response was "it's still dodgy".

Aren't we still being investigated by the Premier League though? Hopefully they can issue a statement shortly and put all this nonsense to bed once and for all and let us get on with preparing for life with the big boys next season.

Aren't we still being investigated by the Premier League though?
The Premier League will look at our ownership etc but they will do the same with the 2 teams that join us. That is just part of the process of joining the PL. The media will concentrate on us due to the shit storm created by the EFL checks.

I can't imagine the PL and EFL would turn up different results.

Pleased they have confirmed what we all knew. It won't stop fans of every other club bitching. Just showed that article to a bloke I sit next to at work (who is a Man Utd fan) and his first response was "it's still dodgy".

A Man U fan? How much are they in debt because of signings? Is it still over £500m? He does know that Mendes represents a number of THEIR players AND their manager?
Had similar from Man U fans I know as well as "yeah but when we want one of your players, we'll just buy him"... Fucking hate hypocritical, plastic fans!

Adrian Durham is going to town on this in support of us. He also said that if Cardiff don't go up, Warnock should be made to give the manager of the season award to Nuno, as our transfer dealings have been spectacular (he also emphasised that we haven't spent that much) and our football is sparkling, whereas Warnock spaffed cash on Madine and their football is awful.

Durham is beginning to grow on me this season!

To quote Blackadder - "God is VERY quick these days" :taunt:

Back