• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

Adrian Durham is going to town on this in support of us. He also said that if Cardiff don't go up, Warnock should be made to give the manager of the season award to Nuno, as our transfer dealings have been spectacular (he also emphasised that we haven't spent that much) and our football is sparkling, whereas Warnock spaffed cash on Madine and their football is awful.

Durham is beginning to grow on me this season!

That's when you know your controversial if Durham is using you to rustle listeners!

Another really good read.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...hampionship-statistics-tactics-title-win-nuno

Particularly enjoyed this bit -

The champions have created 89 “big chances” as defined by Opta, which is 24 more than their closest challengers, Aston Villa, who have created 65. To put that figure in context, it’s worth considering that the gap from first to second is the same as the gap from second to 20th (QPR on 41), which highlights just how often Wolves have carved through their opponents.

That's a great interview. Cheers for spotting it.

Trying to finds something to listen to at work and this popped up:

Couple of flaws in it.

First up, you can ask the FA/FL to do more to block off owners who are proven frauds (like Cellino was), or don't have any serious proof of funding (at least one shyster at Portsmouth), or always look likely to take the club down a road of asset stripping (they could and should have stepped in at Blackpool). You can't insure against them just being a bit shit. Short has put up the money at Sunderland, Morgan did here to a lesser extent, they just knew bugger all about football and made terrible decisions.

Secondly, this isn't true:

There is nothing the EFL like doing more than kicking an ambitious club when it is down. Queens Park Rangers invested in a doomed attempt to preserve their Premier League place, meaning wages and expenditure were out of kilter with a Championship existence.

That made no difference to the league who pursued them over FFP anyway, as if this was some Machiavellian grand plan, not a series of poor executive decisions.

They actually increased their spending after they went down by allowing Redknapp to sign whoever he wanted. Their wage bill was bigger than Borussia Dortmund's in 2013/14. Mostly due to new signings, not legacy from the past.

We have also said we are confident of achieving FFP commitments this season.

Not super important, but Jota, Douglas, and Neves have been named in FIFA 18's Community Team of the Season.

Not super important, but Jota, Douglas, and Neves have been named in FIFA 18's Community Team of the Season.

I've already got a Wolves team on FIFA so I will have to get them! Surprised no Ruddy (no. of clean sheets) or Boly.

I've already got a Wolves team on FIFA so I will have to get them! Surprised no Ruddy (no. of clean sheets) or Boly.

Based on votes from players, I think. It's a global one so to have three players from one team seems really high.

Based on votes from players, I think. It's a global one so to have three players from one team seems really high.

This is the EFL one tbf. The community one is a different one I think, we dont have any players in that one

This is the EFL one tbf. The community one is a different one I think, we dont have any players in that one
Ope, I must have been looking at a combined list. My bad!

Back