• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

I'm sure everything will get updated and improved now we are in the Premier Lge.

It will take time, so people will have to be patient.

It was fucking embarrassing when they bought that stupid table out for the PotS shortlist photo on Saturday - for an awful minute I thought they were going to use it for the trophy.
This went through my head for a second...

giphy.gif

I don't normally bother about these things, but Prutton watches Championship games week in week out yet still picks 4 players out of position and a midfield pair that wouldn't ever work
f721b58815c71cebf1aad33b1a988011.jpg

"Could have gone for Neil Etheridge"

Aye, if you were picking a League Two team. He's fucking dire.

Yeah i saw that team and thought it was strange considering he watches the Championship every week. No idea how Sessegnon keeps getting in teams at left back, he did play there early on but was pretty poor and so were Fulham, since he's been pushed forward he has been good and Fulham have improved but you can't shoehorn him in at a position where he wasn't very good if you're doing it properly. There are so many other things wrong with it too.

My go (I'll go 4-3-3, can't really go three at the back when not many teams play it):

--------------------Bialkowski--------------------

Fredericks----Chester------Boly----------Douglas

---------Cairney-----Woods-----Neves-----------

---------Traore-------Vydra-------Jota-----------

Johnstone

Fredericks
Chester
Boly
Friend

Neves
Cairney

Traore
Vydra
Sessegnon

Mitrovic

343 would be very different

Don’t think people really take “TOTY” seriously. Just try and shoe horn roughly the 11 best players into a team. Nothing more to read into it than that

I get when it's a vote driven system like the PFA, but when a host who watches scores of Championship games does so I'd expect a coherent formation with players in their proper positions.

I suppose it depends if they're picking a player for that position or a position for that player ?

I get when it's a vote driven system like the PFA, but when a host who watches scores of Championship games does so I'd expect a coherent formation with players in their proper positions.

I would too but then I think Prutton is a crap colour commentator anyway. I'd be interested with Don Goodman's team along with Danny Higginbotham.

I suppose it depends if they're picking a player for that position or a position for that player ?

Exactly. It’s just combination to fudge the best players in there.

If he’s picking 442 then Coady can’t play in there. As that’s not where he has played (and he wouldn’t be very good there in a 442 either).

But he feels Coady has been one of the best 11 players so wants to put him in. Same applies for Maddison in that team.

There Also the element that they like to share to players from teams around, rather than just picking Wolves team.

That won't happen for a good few years, if it does at all. Still a generation of fans who buy and collect the programmes.

Can see an online subscription being introduced though for the Programme soon though

I remember a debate about this a few years ago when I was asking about the possibility of introducing an on line version of the match day programme.
I'd still be interested in that. I'd get it every home game instead of the 2 or 3 that I manage to get across to.

On Programmes...

Jody Craddock has printed some Postcard versions of the cover page from the programmes this season. £20. Just have to email sales@craddock-art.com to order. He will even sign the one he has with himself on the cover (Sunderland home game) if you ask nicely

DbzON9YW0AA8gav.jpg

Nuno up for Manager of the Month. Against Pulis, Jokanovic and Clough.

Fulham W5D1 Pts 16
Wolves W4D2 Pts 14
Boro W4D1L1 Pts 13
Burton W3D2L1 Pts 11

Trophies:

Fulham 0
Wolves 1
Boro 0
Burton 0

Fuck you, everyone else.

Back