• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

I thought our game with Fulham is on tv?

EDIT: oh yeah it is

No games selected for the first weekend in December yet.

We are away at Blues that weekend, wonder if they are waiting on Police approval to show that one

No games selected for the first weekend in December yet.

We are away at Blues that weekend, wonder if they are waiting on Police approval to show that one

More than likely I'd have thought, don't mind them moving away fixtures for tv but home ones is highly annoying.

Fact of the day, Sky haven't shown a single away game of ours in 2017 (Liverpool away was on BT).

Last away game was at Loftus Road on 1 Dec 2016.

Cardiff, Villa, Leeds and Blues getting the air time. Would be understandable if Blues were any good. But they are poorly supported and shit. Cardiff and Leeds are up there and Villa are Villa. No idea what we've done to piss them off

Fired Lambert.

Blues will drop off the radar now that Arry has gone as well.

Fixtures for first weekend of December to be announced in the next few days. Our game and Leeds Vs Villa are the stand outs

It will be Leeds v Villa. In terms of potential TV audience figure that is the biggest fixture in the entire division.

Good news the Sunderland game hasn't been moved. I'll be going to that one and the family rivalry will be out in full force.

I'm not that bothered the Villa game being moved back a couple of hours and are relieved they haven't selected anymore of our games for live coverage. Thursday night Friday night early Saturday and Sunday kick offs ruin my Saturday evening out.

Given our current league position I am surprised we are not on live television a bit more often. In the last couple of years we have been shown live quite a lot despite not bothering the top two.

Sounds like bully-boy tactics to me. Give us what we want, or we're moving....

Very sensationalist reporting and headline too.

The fact that one of the conditions on the council lease for the ground is that there must be a football pitch there is for bloody good reason. From this snapshot it seems pretty ignorant / arrogant of Morgan to not acknowledge the historical reasons for this.

Another Morgan piece here.

https://www.expressandstar.com/spor...-few-admits-former-wolves-owner-steve-morgan/

The telling line for me is:
"As for as the club itself, one of the most exciting days of my life was when I bought Wolves and it was only eclipsed by the day I sold it."

Don't see much wrong from either party in that negotiation to be honest.

Morgan wanted to invest in the stadium but was worried by the remaining duration of the lease, stamps his feet a little bit, Council extend the lease to some silly timescale which gives confidence to invest.

Everybody got what they wanted.

It's not exactly the greatest closing gambit.

No one wants the Wolves to do well more than me.

Ok, I reckon I'd beat you on that score for a kickoff mate.

The stuff about the ground and the "life of the club" sounds like utter bollocks to me. Vague assertions that make it sound like he saved us from doom. But we didn't have external debt, the ground wasn't falling down, we weren't about to get booted out by anyone...so what was the issue?

I would take Timmy's reporting with a pinch of salt but to me it just comes across - Wanted to rebuild the ground but couldn't with what they had with regards to the land - If they didn't get the freehold or a huge lease then they would have to look at alternatives - leaving Molineux would be huge and ruin part of the club. Never any danger of that happening mind. All a bit "this might have happened" rather than we were close to anything. Zero chance the Council would have wanted or let the club move from Molineux.

E and S bollox Tims mate phone him "Hi Tim how about doing a serious piece on how great I was, I've thought of an angle to peddle" Tim says "Ok m8 them bastard forriners woh spake to me cus om a TWAT

Back