• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

Have to rebuild the Steve Bull soon anyway, it's falling apart. If we do get promoted this season wouldn't be surprised to an announcement about it as soon as we're mathematically up.

Steve Bull is close to forty years old, I think it'd be potential for a a serious incident if they ever needed to evacuate it. Isn't there just one fire exit to get out by the steps?

I hope they knock it down regardless.

The Steve Bull should have been knocked down when we were relegated from the Premier League. Parachute money was available, crowds were going to be less so it would have been the best time to get the work done. It would also have been a statement that we would get back up before long.

To cancel the plans was IMO was a show of too much caution (you could say that in hindsight that was a good thing) and a future indicator that Morgan's heart wasn't in it for the long term.

Financially I can see why you'd want to get promoted before committing to the investment, but losing 9k seats whilst in the PL could be painful

Financially I can see why you'd want to get promoted before committing to the investment, but losing 9k seats whilst in the PL could be painful

I should have also stated that if the rebuild had continued then those in charge would have been derided by many (and were anyway) for being more interested in building stands and houses than investing in the team on the pitch. With some of the dross that we bought after relegation the stand could have been paid for.

there's never going to be a good time to undertake a major rebuilding project.

I should have also stated that if the rebuild had continued then those in charge would have been derided by many (and were anyway) for being more interested in building stands and houses than investing in the team on the pitch. With some of the dross that we bought after relegation the stand could have been paid for.

We spent the proposed rebuild money on the Academy didn't we? Morgan decided to change direction but then changed direction again and fooked off

Hopefully we'd be able to open the lower tier mid-season like the North Bank and offset part of that

The original plans had the Steve Bull on a 2 year build, with the bottom tier opened before the end of year 1.

If Fosun really do plan on turning us into a CL side, we're going to need a damn sight more than 37k seats. Rip it up and start again, I reckon. But they might well wait and see how well we do in the PL for a couple of years before committing to that. £100m a season might buy a few bags of cement, too.

37k is just after Steve Bull stand would be done, right?

I remember the major plans Morgan unveiled around the whole stadium would eventually see it at 50k. We are some way off that for the moment!

37k is just after Steve Bull stand would be done, right?

I remember the major plans Morgan unveiled around the whole stadium would eventually see it at 50k. We are some way off that for the moment!

Think 50k was if they they did the Billy Wright as well

We're going to have to make a call on the Steve Bull regardless in the next decade, as discussed. It's dreadful for entry - check the queues on a matchday around 15-20 minutes before kick off - the concourses are totally inadequate, the sightlines in the lower tier are awful (and if we're intent on putting away fans in the quadrant where possible from now on, this now becomes our problem), it's seriously cramped inside and structurally I'd have little faith in a stand built in the late 70s being particularly robust as time goes on.

There's never going to be a "right" time to do it. Arguably the best time of all from a capacity POV would have been when we went down to L1 but that would have gone down like a lead balloon :icon_lol:

It definitely hasn't stood up to time well. I went in the SB for the first time in years last season and it was really not nice. In my teens I had a season ticket in there and it seemed really good, but I guess that was due to migrating there from the old South Bank.

There is never going to be a good time to do it, if it were me it would be in the second season after any (hopeful) promotion.

I agree the stand is a bit of a hole and I avoid it at all costs when going to a game. I'd do this sooner rather than later. By my maths the capacity would drop to about 21,500 for 7 months which is no real disaster.

I wonder if away fans are told to bring sunglasses... They really should be!

Just knock it down end of the season regardless. I'm fed up of getting wet and it's miles away from the pitch which doesn't help atmosphere at all.

The North bank as it is at the moment is just bloody stupid.

I don't think we need to go beyond there Steve bull now anyway. Get capacity somewhere around 40k and that will be fine.

Rebuilding the Steve Bull (under Morgan's plans) takes us to about 36k. You couldn't build a stand which holds another 4k on top of that realistically.

Of course they aren't bound to whatever Morgan decided, they can do what they like.

If we moved from Molineux would it piss off the average supporter irreparably? Seems to me that as long as the stadium is in Wolverhampton and is known as our home, it doesn't matter if it's Molineux or Fosun Park.

You mean the name? I don't really care. Everyone will always call it Molineux. Naming rights are looked upon with suspicion by big firms now for that very reason. You don't get the exposure you're paying for.

We don't have anywhere to move within the city itself. We'd have to move out of town. Which would be shit.

Back