• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

If we moved from Molineux would it piss off the average supporter irreparably? Seems to me that as long as the stadium is in Wolverhampton and is known as our home, it doesn't matter if it's Molineux or Fosun Park.
I don't think you quite get just how densely urban Wolverhampton (as in the part that the city council look after) is.

As soon as you get into anywhere with enough space you're suddenly dealing with South Staffordshire Actually, and other councils such as Walsall MBC that define themselves as "not Wolverhampton" despite the fact that large parts of their areas are historically and functionally part of the city proper and depend on it.

Wolves would have real trouble getting planning past any of them.

I don't think you quite get just how densely urban Wolverhampton (as in the part that the city council look after) is.

As soon as you get into anywhere with enough space you're suddenly dealing with South Staffordshire Actually, and other councils such as Walsall MBC that define themselves as "not Wolverhampton" despite the fact that large parts of their areas are historically and functionally part of the city proper and depend on it.

Oi, don't knock it :D

But yeah, basically the only place we could have gone within the city confines is the i54, and I think all the spare space that side of the border is gone now.

Oi, don't knock it :D

But yeah, basically the only place we could have gone within the city confines is the i54, and I think all the spare space that side of the border is gone now.

Basically Jaguar Land Rover own a building on any spare bit of land now on i54

i54 is over the county boundary. Staffs starts at the end of my road when you cross the Droveway.

We need to stay in the same footprint really. Another fucking HYPER ACE and insanely expensive solution would be to turn Waterloo Road into a tunnel from before the Asda roundabout until Newhampton Road junction and have an extended Billy Wright plus fan park above it. More chance of me fucking Scarlett Johansson though...

Where Moog is (and a few of the other buildings) stands within Wolves City Council's area. South Staffs kicks in a few hundred metres further down the Wobaston Road.

The Staffs signs are at the top of the little rise after Pendeford Business Park, but the it wraps round to join my road at the Droveway junction. The county boundary is somewhere in Pendeford Wood I guess. Maybe the River Penk or the canal?

The wife works on i54 and they are under South Staffs Council (their building is between Moog, Eurofins and Jag)

Anyway, the point is that there is fuck all space there now, and no infrastructure for a football ground unless you want cunt soup like the fucking Reebok.

We stay where we are is a much better idea.

I don't know and I've lived just about either side of the boundary for the last 12 years :icon_lol:

Wolves Council make a big play about the i54 though:

http://www.wolverhampton.gov.uk/art...tment-in-i54-as-Atlas-Copco-agree-Tentec-move

So there's some kind of joint say in the site I would say.

It is a Wolves/South Staffs joint venture (with some help from the evil EU). The looking after site is split between the 2 councils. Think Wolvo deals with planning permissions

Thinking about it, there are some pockets of land big enough to use within the city council area. The old railway land at Fowler's Fields for example - it's big enough, but access would be terrible compared with now, as you couldn't widen A460 enough, access from A449 is restricted due to the West Coast Mainline, and public transport access would be rubbish compared with Molineux too. You'd also never get away with losing some of the rare bits of green open space within the council area.

Other places have similar issues. There is enough space behind the Swimming and Fitness Centre at Bentley Bridge - between there and the railway line, but the ground conditions there are terrible and you'd never be able to build anything heavy on it.

The Staffs signs are at the top of the little rise after Pendeford Business Park, but the it wraps round to join my road at the Droveway junction. The county boundary is somewhere in Pendeford Wood I guess. Maybe the River Penk or the canal?

Didn't realise it was still called the River Penk in Pendeford.

Other places have similar issues. There is enough space behind the Swimming and Fitness Centre at Bentley Bridge - between there and the railway line, but the ground conditions there are terrible and you'd never be able to build anything heavy on it.

Imagine having to drink in The Nickelodeon or Hollywood Bowl pre-match.

Imagine having to drink in The Nickelodeon or Hollywood Bowl pre-match.

Pretty sure at one time or another I have drunk in every pub in Wednesfield (on account of working in The Tiger for a couple of months and well, anywhere but there after work). It's a high volume but low quality tour.

Back