• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

Wolves v Flum now on Friday November 3rd as Sky decide they need to show us a bit more.

Sudden shortage of home Saturday 3pm games. We play Barnsley on 23 Sep...only one Sat 3pm (PNE) then until Bolton just over two months later.

I'm coming over for the Bolton game - just glad that it hasn't been re-arranged.

can't see Sky getting too excited about this particular fixture (unless Bolton suddenly appointed Lambert & Jackett as the new dream team).............NAH !!!!!!!

I'd love it if it's Bolton we finally click and utterly humiliate someone. Love it

Wolves Academy Twitter feed today has some interesting, although not surprising things to say about the Telford link. Personally I think it stinks.

Wolves Academy Twitter feed today has some interesting, although not surprising things to say about the Telford link. Personally I think it stinks.

Wolves U23s lead goalkeeper coach @AW1goalkeeping is now assisting @telfordutd on a matchday joining @SeanParrish72 in assisting Rob Edwards
Both @AW1goalkeeping & @SeanParrish72 continue to be employed by Wolves during the week within @scottse11ars U23s
Despite what is said 'officially' Wolves have invested in @telfordutd and are now in full control of footballing operations.
- 3 members of staff paid by Wolves

- 3 loan players from Wolves to AFC Telford

- Investment in facilities & ground support from Wolves

Pretty clear Fosun are trying to build a de facto Wolves B-team, even if current rules don't allow one to exist officially.

Wolves U23s lead goalkeeper coach @AW1goalkeeping is now assisting @telfordutd on a matchday joining @SeanParrish72 in assisting Rob Edwards
Both @AW1goalkeeping & @SeanParrish72 continue to be employed by Wolves during the week within @scottse11ars U23s
Despite what is said 'officially' Wolves have invested in @telfordutd and are now in full control of footballing operations.
- 3 members of staff paid by Wolves

- 3 loan players from Wolves to AFC Telford

- Investment in facilities & ground support from Wolves

Not a great link in my opinion, the standard is pony. It may be a way of gently letting go the staff we no longer deem necessary for first team operations.

Not a great link in my opinion, the standard is pony. It may be a way of gently letting go the staff we no longer deem necessary for first team operations.
I've watched a fair amount of football at that level. There's the occasional loan that works out, Marvin Johnson was at Hednesford a few seasons ago, but Kiddie were a Conference side, it gave him his confidence and he's never looked back, but 9/10 it's 21 year old kids that aren't good enough and never will be.

Whether you agree with the ethics of it or not (personally I think it distorts competition, people still care about football at that level and having it influenced from above sits uneasily with me)...the idea for now is to get Telford into the Conference and then there's a bit more of a useful standard that we can deal with. Long term having a Conference North club within our sphere of influence is pointless.

Hayden and Simpson will never ever make it here or anywhere at Football League level and neither should really have been retained this summer. Johnson appears to have gone backwards lately which is disappointing, I had high hopes for him a year or so ago.

Whether you agree with the ethics of it or not (personally I think it distorts competition, people still care about football at that level and having it influenced from above sits uneasily with me)...the idea for now is to get Telford into the Conference and then there's a bit more of a useful standard that we can deal with. Long term having a Conference North club within our sphere of influence is pointless.

Hayden and Simpson will never ever make it here or anywhere at Football League level and neither should really have been retained this summer. Johnson appears to have gone backwards lately which is disappointing, I had high hopes for him a year or so ago.
It's not even working out well though, we've given them 3 very average defenders and they currently sit 13th in the league which is about where they would be if Rob Smith had stayed in charge.

It's not even working out well though, we've given them 3 very average defenders and they currently sit 13th in the league which is about where they would be if Rob Smith had stayed in charge.

Rob Edwards appears to have found Mark McGhee's 1996 Big Book of Tactics in a dark corner of Molineux before he left and is putting it to use. Their home form is shocking.

Edwards seems to have picked up some decent tactical ideas but you have to play with what you've got. That "inverted full backs" thing he was trying with us last season was never ever going to work using Doherty and CBJ, especially not given who was deployed alongside and in front of them, dropping Teixeira into central midfield vs Derby (when there was a clear opportunity to try him at #10) was suicidal and finished off his Wolves career - and it wouldn't surprise me if he's asking very limited footballers at Telford to do things that they simply can't.

Back