• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

i thought Marshall had played pretty well last season once he was up to speed fitness wise, or am i wrong

Yeah he was one of our better players I thought (from what I saw of him). Very good footballer.

The idea that Marshall can't play WB because he has no pace and "can't get back" is a strange one.

He's literally a right footed Barry Douglas. Baz doesn't have much pace either but has good touch and delivery, same as Marshall. I have no idea how good Marshall is at defending as he hasn't really played there, but Douglas is barely Maldini. The first time he's really been tested was against NML and he beat him multiple times.

I think we will find out how well he can play WB against Brizzle, I also hope it is a come back game for Costa, all of a sudden staying in the cup is vitally important for us!

I think he will be miles better than Doc, not sure if he is the answer permanently but I can't wait to find out. Mobility is the only potential issue for me, his passing and delivery are as good as Douglas.

As a winger. I don't think he has the engine for wing back personally

But what are you basing him not having the engine on? Because he was a little overweight for a few games.

Anyway, in games like today, he doesn't need the engine. We need people like him on the pitch for extra attacking skill. 3 CBs plus Neves/Saiss should be able to deal with lumped balls to Steve Morrison or whoever.

But what are you basing him not having the engine on? Because he was a little overweight for a few games.

Anyway, in games like today, he doesn't need the engine. We need people like him on the pitch for extra attacking skill. 3 CBs plus Neves/Saiss should be able to deal with lumped balls to Steve Morrison or whoever.
Marshall has been in or around the Championship for 5+ seasons, I've seen plenty of him to know he won't be able to get up and down the pitch in the way we will need when playing against the better teams. In games like yesterday he could play the Doherty role as defending was at a premium, but I don't think he has the energy needed in other games

Marshall has been in or around the Championship for 5+ seasons, I've seen plenty of him to know he won't be able to get up and down the pitch in the way we will need when playing against the better teams. In games like yesterday he could play the Doherty role as defending was at a premium, but I don't think he has the energy needed in other games

Yes but he's never actually been asked to do it, so you don't know for sure , plus a kick up the ass and better fitness coaching might help. Performances like yesterday aren't really helping my argument though!

However we can agree that he may be better playing RWB in games like yesterday. His delivery is very good and if he'd have had the time and space Doherty did he could have put some on the money.

Not really news but I couldn't get four seats together in the North Bank yesterday for Barnsley, had to go in the Steve Bull. Good to see the tickets are selling quickly, just wish I could keep tabs on when they go on sale!

Not really news but I couldn't get four seats together in the North Bank yesterday for Barnsley, had to go in the Steve Bull. Good to see the tickets are selling quickly, just wish I could keep tabs on when they go on sale!

You can sync the dates for tickets going on sale to your phone if you have an android phone or an iPhone.

Marshall over doc at RWB for me is a no brainer.

Marshall is at least as good as Doc at defending and is better going forward. He's better at crossing and is more composed on the ball, he also has better footballing intelligence

The bug is certainly back for many people. I know not a massive allocation but Burton away sold out yesterday as well.

Forest sold out before it got to season ticket holders without extra games as well

My boy just text me to say he got our tickets for the Barnsley game. It will be our 1st game of the season and I'll have everything crossed till then that Jota stays fit/available

Hasn't Marshall regularly played right back for Blackburn? If so he must be a possible for Dohertys role and presumably is adequately quick (when fit).

Marshall at RB was a Lambert brainwave tbh. No-one else has ever played him there. Except Owen Coyle and that horse-faced prick barely counts.

In games like yesterday (and there will be a fair few) our wingbacks basically have to do no defending. Vinagre and Doherty were barely in our half for the entire match, their starting positions were continually beyond halfway.

When he's up to speed then I would hope Marshall will be given an opportunity there. He isn't fit/match ready enough to do it right now (remember he played 0 minutes in pre-season and presumably missed all the double sessions which mean we're so well-drilled at the moment). I have faith in the fitness team here getting him in shape (if he himself puts the work in), look at the difference in Saiss from last season. Let's face it, when Costa is fit then Marshall has no chance of playing as the right sided forward.

I actually think Marshall would be better as the left IF if Jota got injured, he likes to cut in and doesn't really have the pace to go on the outside and cross.

60 odd minutes will have done him the world of good he needs to step it up now.

I also think Doc put more effort in yesterday, which either means Nuno has given him a roasting or he fears for his spot (and rightly so)

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Apparently the last 400 for Forest sold out in six minutes.

Hopefully we take a decent following to Sheff Utd decent allocation and not too far.

Back