• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

Haven't Cardiff supposedly been playing some decent stuff this season? I imagine that's easily enough to distract most supporters from the nastier stuff if the team is decent on the ball and scoring a few goals.

Haven't Cardiff supposedly been playing some decent stuff this season? I imagine that's easily enough to distract most supporters from the nastier stuff if the team is decent on the ball and scoring a few goals.

They didn't against us, very direct and playing off the front man. Zero creativity in midfield but Hoillett, Zohore and NML have struck up a decent partnership when they get the ball in the final third. Very Warnock.

He's superb at what he does. I wouldn't want that style of play here, but he gets results.

What I find interesting is what a lot of football fans will accept from their team (as long as they are winning) under a manager like Warnock. Reading Cardiff forums, I don't see many complaints about the the blatant time-wasting and off-the-ball incidents that we saw recently at Molineux and are keen to play down any criticism of these things as just sour grapes on the part of the opposition. However, I'm sure their opinions would change with their fortunes, if it all started to fall apart and they began sliding down the table. I have to grudgingly admire Warnock for what he often does at his clubs with very limited resources. I don't like what they do, from a footballing perspective, but it often proves very effective. Having said that, if the officials began to really crack down on this sort of thing and started issuing more yellow and red cards for this type of offence, then I think Warnock and his teams wouldn't have the level of success they have had in the past. For me, Wolves would have to be in danger of relegation from the Football league before I would consider appointing Warnock as manager, and then only as a short-term measure.

For exactly this reason I've advocated for sin-bins for ages. Refs are often scared to get a red card wrong, but sin-bins would be a proper deterrent and enable proper football. Glad the lower leagues are trialing this during this season.

Completely agree with you, as this would bring some immediate justice to the team suffering there and then.

I think the majority of fans will take poor quality football if it's a means to an end such as promotion or stopping up. I'd rather watch what Nuno is trying to do than Warnock, but if it got us promoted I'd take attritional 1 nils and sack him in the Summer.

It's when it's the same season after season that fans have had enough like Pulis at Albion and Fat Sam at West Ham.

Warnocks very basic coaching has its limitations so if promoted would be found out big time because matches are officiated closer to European standards than works league standards.

To be fair to Colin, what he does at this level clearly works. You can't really argue with it. It's not to my taste, I wouldn't like him as our manager but also as you say the fact his approach (much like Mick albeit slightly diifferent) just doesn't work in the Premier League and it never will. Cardiff will only have to replace him if they want to stay up should they get promoted.

Wolves have 41 league games to go yet, and they must learn how to handle the Cardiffs of this division.

We have some young players who have little experience of handling street-wise players who will do whatever they can to win the game, and Nuno will have to guide them on how to overcome these obstacles. As many on here have said, score goals and it alleviates a lot of your problems and puts the pressure on the opposition.

Do we have the goalscorers? Time will tell.

A lot of words to say "the championship has cloggers, and it might be chilly on midweek nights oop north"

Goalscorers I'm less concerned about, creating enough for the players we have and making the best of what we have, that's my worry at the moment.

Tim I says Helder is nearly fit.

Phil Ayeh has had surgery on his ankle, initial estimates say 3-4 months out.

Oh dear. Marshall competing with Doc at right wing back then for now. Hopefully Marshall gets match fit quicker than last time

Oh dear. Marshall competing with Doc at right wing back then for now. Hopefully Marshall gets match fit quicker than last time
Shame we let Iorfa go on loan.
I'm sure Nuno could have knocked him into some shape.

Shame we let Iorfa go on loan.
I'm sure Nuno could have knocked him into some shape.

No chance. He's a rubbish CB shifted out to RB. No way can he play a WB role in this team.

As a stopper at RB he might do ok. So great in a MM team. But certainly not one who wants to play any football.

No chance. He's a rubbish CB shifted out to RB. No way can he play a WB role in this team.

As a stopper at RB he might do ok. So great in a MM team. But certainly not one who wants to play any football.
I see him more as a new Zubar but more reliable defensively, unless the balls in the air then he turns into a complete wimp.

An inform Iorfa would be great in this system - we need extreme pace in both WB positions. Iorfa was at his best bombing forward, plus he can get back quick enough, unlike Mr gloves.

Back