• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

Helped by Steve Bull coming in after full time to tell us to calm down a bit, but proceeding to lead us in a chorus of Steve Bull songs and leaving the room with us being 10 times louder than when he walked in.

Brilliant :icon_lol:

Brilliant :icon_lol:

I'm not sure who enjoyed it more tbh!

1604381_10152795156945016_2037096434_n.jpg

Say it where your kids can see Parkin ;)

£50 per game is too much. Maybe as a one off.

Especially if the team is rancid like it was most of last season.

Forest away tickets sold out

Saiss started for Morocco during the break. I think he played as a CB again.

Prince appeared for Congo as a sub; they were eliminated from contention.

Alfred N'Diaye was an unused sub for Senegal. Tough side to get in at the moment, in fairness to him.

Saiss started on the left of the two CBs apparently Alan.

Yeah he did, although that was the left side of a back three on the AFCON.

Oop, yeah, misread your post.

You didn't! He played centre-left of a back four the other night. And in a back three in the AFCON.

Doesn't have the concentration or consistency levels to be trusted at CH for me. He'd help us play out from the back, but he's always got a rick in him.

He looked ok there tbh but then again it was the African Nations, and not the highest standard to cope with. Though they did lose 1-0 to Togo somehow. He got a goal too.

Against someone like Milwall who won't put extended pressure on the defence he'd be ok IMO. I'd still play Batth personally but he's at least an option against teams who'll come and mainly defend.

Nuno nominated for Manager of the Month.

Obvioulsy Warnock will be winning that though

Nuno nominated for Manager of the Month.

Obvioulsy Warnock will be winning that though

What I find interesting is what a lot of football fans will accept from their team (as long as they are winning) under a manager like Warnock. Reading Cardiff forums, I don't see many complaints about the the blatant time-wasting and off-the-ball incidents that we saw recently at Molineux and are keen to play down any criticism of these things as just sour grapes on the part of the opposition. However, I'm sure their opinions would change with their fortunes, if it all started to fall apart and they began sliding down the table. I have to grudgingly admire Warnock for what he often does at his clubs with very limited resources. I don't like what they do, from a footballing perspective, but it often proves very effective. Having said that, if the officials began to really crack down on this sort of thing and started issuing more yellow and red cards for this type of offence, then I think Warnock and his teams wouldn't have the level of success they have had in the past. For me, Wolves would have to be in danger of relegation from the Football league before I would consider appointing Warnock as manager, and then only as a short-term measure.

Back