• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

He had very little quality when he got there though, having legs to get up and down is pointless if you can't do anything with the ball when you get into a good position, his crossing was awful.

Don't think it was that bad, certainly comparable with Doherty (not that he would actually get there in the first place, ditto Marshall).

I think Iorfa could do well in this system, he has the engine for it maybe his passing might let him down a touch but would be a huge upgrade on Doc.

Take Cardiff's first goal I don't think it happens with Iorfa running back to help, I also think it would help Miranda loads as Doc just leaves him to it far too often for my liking, I would also argue he would drag others away to allow the IF a little more space. Yes the passing and crossing is very important but movement is also a huge factor, something that Doc just doesn't have.

Definitely agree there. Cardiff’s first goal was right in the front of me - Miranda needed cover, but that lazy cockpocket was shambling back as normal.

I'd rather Iorfa as the right sided CH. Definitely not a WB.

Iorfa was bad here for over a year. I don't think he's a solution to anything anymore, at least not in a Wolves shirt.

When Iorfa was good for the first year or so his crossing was poor, he's not a wing back - neither is Doherty and don't think Marshall is either. Can either Douglas or Vinagre play on the other side?

He hardly played! Mostly he wasn’t good, but occasionally he was very good - as in the cup.

He looks like a train wreck on the ball. Very zubar as Mark says. Booting the ball in front of you and chasing it does not make you a good wingback.

As I said he's a CB who has been shifted out to RB because he is terrible in the air and poor against the big strong CF.

He looks like a train wreck on the ball. Very zubar as Mark says. Booting the ball in front of you and chasing it does not make you a good wingback.

As I said he's a CB who has been shifted out to RB because he is terrible in the air and poor against the big strong CF.

We're having to compromise anyway with that beardy bellend out there at the moment. He sticks out like a sore thumb in this team.

Iorfa would be no worse than him at the moment, but he needed to move away, there are issues beyond form with him. Hopefully he comes back and plays to his potential, he was exceptional when he first came into the team. Genuinely looked like our best prospect since Lescott.

Iorfa would be lacking going forward as a RWB. He doesn't have a good enough delivery and he tends to over-run with the ball.

Again, look who's there at the moment.

Doherty's better than Iorfa would be.

The point about a WB is that you have to get forward and then get back. Doc clearly can't do that.

It's just the flip side of the coin for me, Doherty struggles to get back at times but Iorfa struggles going forwards. Neither are really up to the task, they just have opposing weaknesses.

Considering some already have doubts over the potency of this sides attacking ability then I don't see how anyone can advocate Iorfa as an upgrade, he'd only make that issue worse.

It's just the flip side of the coin for me, Doherty struggles to get back at times but Iorfa struggles going forwards. Neither are really up to the task, they just have opposing weaknesses.

Considering some already have doubts over the potency of this sides attacking ability then I don't see how anyone can advocate Iorfa as an upgrade, he'd only make that issue worse.

Depends on the match situation, sometimes you require mobility as a priority rather than quality on the ball at wing back as well as other positions. We can see that Nuno has added Alfred N'Diaye to give himself more going backwards in midfield without the ball rather than a threat on it.

I don't think this style is all aboutpace though. Obviously in a position like this it's a bonus but I don't see Iorfa as a good wing back in this system at all really.

I think Marshall could be a good option in there when fit though. Good footballer, combines well with others, got a really good delivery on him snd has played full back before even if it isn't his strongest position.

A Marshall/Iorfa Hybrid would be ideal, all of Iorfa's physical attributes with all of Marshalls quality. The reality is we have to look at what we have (as DW pointed out) and Doc just isn't cutting the mustard for me. If Marshall can get fit I think that position will suit him well, I hope he has the mobility for it but he certainly has the quality.

With Phil now out for months it is disappointing we will be so lop sided, on the one hand we have 2 terrific LWB's but on the other side at the moment we have nothing.

I would not be against trying Vinagre on the right side, but he does look very one footed and I don't think it would suit Douglas at all from what I have seen.

i thought Marshall had played pretty well last season once he was up to speed fitness wise, or am i wrong

Back