• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

Glad to see SoD at Wolves. Top man and coach, got loads of time for everybody, all round good egg.

That's another coup for us, I'd say. Surely O'Driscoll could have got a senior management position somewhere.

That's another coup for us, I'd say. Surely O'Driscoll could have got a senior management position somewhere.
He'll be our caretaker manager someday. Whether that be in weeks, months, years I don't know.

Back in the heady early days of this decade I wanted him as manager twice...first when Mick went, we clearly didn't have a clue what we were doing, Llewellyn Curbishley turned us down and we were dicking around trying to pester Walter Smith out of retirement. I thought at least get a Wolves fan in and get us playing with some pride, we were gone anyway and he was obviously better than TC. Could have used it as an audition.

Then for the few fleeing hours when it was evident Stale was gone and we were wondering who was up next...sadly later that evening we found out who it was. Such a deflating feeling. And I didn't even know the half of it at the time.

Grew up on the same street as my Dad in Ashmore Park. I'm sure my old man will say he taught him everything he knows, like I schooled Karl Henry when I played against him as a kid.

Similarly, Sean used to work with my mom when he was playing for Alvechurch in the 1970s, and I met him a couple of times then. Back in those days he was as big a Wolves fan as any of us, and like everyone says, a really nice, unassuming bloke. My mom would also claim that she taught him everything he knows..... about office work!

Back in the heady early days of this decade I wanted him as manager twice...first when Mick went, we clearly didn't have a clue what we were doing, Llewellyn Curbishley turned us down and we were dicking around trying to pester Walter Smith out of retirement. I thought at least get a Wolves fan in and get us playing with some pride, we were gone anyway and he was obviously better than TC. Could have used it as an audition.

Then for the few fleeting hours when it was evident Stale was gone and we were wondering who was up next...sadly later that evening we found out who it was. Such a deflating feeling. And I didn't even know the half of it at the time.

Grew up on the same street as my Dad in Ashmore Park. I'm sure my old man will say he taught him everything he knows, like I schooled Karl Henry when I played against him as a kid.

I too wanted SoD in as he is a local lad and I liked his brand of football. Doncaster played some decent stuff but didn't have the firepower.

Whether he would have be the answer I'm not sure but I'm 100% sure he'd have done a better job than some of the other incumbents

Sean O'Driscoll is a great appointment it seems, his Donny sides were always fantastic to watch despite minuscule budgets for this league.

is this the same guy who was touted by some fans as being the next manager some time ago ?

it's great to see the coaching side being invested in seriously. something I've always thought we should do. hope we can continue to bring players through and with an even better chance of finding and attracting better prospects. good stuff.

Brilliant appointment. Christ, I'm optimistic about the future...

So is it that he's not black enough or would he have to be British too? I thought bame was black and minority ethnic?

Supposed to be a British BAME candidate interviewed :confused-smiley-013

Isn't the Rooney rule thing voluntary?

They got all over excited when we replaced Jackett last year with Zenga

It is, but we agreed to be involved in the trial and seem to pay token notice when it suits

Wolves fail Rooney rule in their appointment of Nuno.

This is why the rule can't work in football. Wolves knew the man they were after and went for him. Headhunting is in every industry so why should football be any different?

This is why the rule can't work in football. Wolves knew the man they were after and went for him. Headhunting is in every industry so why should football be any different?

The day after we appoint two BAME coaches to our academy also

The day after we appoint two BAME coaches to our academy also

It certainly needs changing. I would bet Wolves have appointed more ethnic minority coaches than the vast majority of football clubs in the U.K.

Back