• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

Is anyone off here at this open training session then?

Surely all it will be is a strong link up between the 2 clubs. We give them access to our coaches/training facilities and of course they get to have some of our younger players. Obviously right now it benefits them more now at CN level but we try and help them up to the Conference our U20 players will have access to a decent level.

That's about as much as we will able to do anyway so talking of takeovers is a bit pointless.

https://www.shropshirestar.com/sport/football/afc-telford-united/2017/07/05/afc-telford-set-out-plans-to-go-full-time/
#mysteriousinvestors...

Plenty of people doing the wolf trail in town today.

IMG_1689.jpg

I saw the one inside the Way at my board meeting on Wednesday. They are really classy.

I saw the one inside the Way at my board meeting on Wednesday. They are really classy.
Counting down the days to the inevitable story of vandalism which is sadly bound to happen in today's world.

Does anybody know any info regarding Wolves TV, saw something mentioned about our pre-season games being broadcast ?

looked on there earlier today, clicked on link but nothing came up. i asume this will be replacement for Wolves Player (?)

If you Google ifollow FAQ then you'll see all the stuff for other club's versions which have already launched. Including what you get and all the T&Cs. I'm not sure what the delay is launching ours. Maybe it's integrating with the new website?

Thought we weren't having iFollow as we had separated from the EFL thing? Instead our own Wolves TV? Or have I got coffuzled

We are having our own setup, but basic practicalities - it's not like we'll have our own separate cameras to the ones iFollow use, for example - mean that we'll no doubt be using a lot of their back-end infrastructure regardless.

I can only imagine it's either some unexpected delay in setting up, or the club want to do some special announcement (as they did with Neves and the away kit) to try and encourage sign-ups. You'd think it's leaving it a bit late for the pre-season games, though.

It'll be interesting when someone puts up the "Where will we finish 2017-2018" poll

Developing and promotion is everything IMO..not bothered about that

I've always like the way SoD teams play football. Very happy for him to be involved

The club have hired even more coaches - this time for the academy, including Sean O'Driscoll and Darius Vassell: https://www.wolves.co.uk/news/academy/20170710-new-academy-staff-appointed/

Not sure I can handle us actually having a large enough backroom staff, it's all getting a bit much.

Really pleased we are addressing the coaching side of things and O'Driscoll should work really well with the U18's, Vassell can take on the Dean Saunders role of "teaching the forwards how to play" ;)

I've always like the way SoD teams play football. Very happy for him to be involved

Back in the heady early days of this decade I wanted him as manager twice...first when Mick went, we clearly didn't have a clue what we were doing, Llewellyn Curbishley turned us down and we were dicking around trying to pester Walter Smith out of retirement. I thought at least get a Wolves fan in and get us playing with some pride, we were gone anyway and he was obviously better than TC. Could have used it as an audition.

Then for the few fleeting hours when it was evident Stale was gone and we were wondering who was up next...sadly later that evening we found out who it was. Such a deflating feeling. And I didn't even know the half of it at the time.

Grew up on the same street as my Dad in Ashmore Park. I'm sure my old man will say he taught him everything he knows, like I schooled Karl Henry when I played against him as a kid.

Back