• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

Sheff Wed at home under Stale he was absolutely brilliant and I thought we'd got the real Foley back. Trap definitely messed with his head with the Euro 2012 stuff but his form had long since fallen through the floor with us by then.

I thought Ken would like him as he is such a naturally tidy footballer but it wasn't to be. However for £700k or so he was great business and a cracking pro. Noticeable that he was never outwardly ostracised by KJ like the obvious Johnson/JOH and later Doyle/Ward, he just said he was behind a number of players in the pecking order.

His goal v Swindon last season was a great one (inc the ball from Siggy).

He was certainly still part of the group, unlike Johnson etc as he was taking part in the Corparate stuff with the 1st team at the end of the season. In the end it looks like KJ decided the likes of EEL and Iorfa were better placed. Long term for the club, the best idea but amazed only Blackpool took a punt on Foley.

he also got screwed around by Trappotini if i remember right

Trappatoni broke him mentally just before the 2012 Euros and I don't think Foley had the self-believe to ever get over it.

Hunt does a bit of journalism now for one of the Irish papers, in a recent article he said players in a squad never give a toss when a manager shafts another player but what Trappotini did to Foley was on a different level said it affected the whole Irish squad at the time and hinted that it affected Foley a hell of a lot.

Coming back to Wolves, I didnt think Stale and then Fuck-head were the sort of managers to build somebody up again after a blow like that, by the time Kenny got there it was too late.

Noticeable that he was never outwardly ostracised by KJ like the obvious Johnson/JOH and later Doyle/Ward, he just said he was behind a number of players in the pecking order.

Wasn't he training alone with RoJo (I am aware of the glaring contradiction in the sentence!)?

Wasn't he training alone with RoJo (I am aware of the glaring contradiction in the sentence!)?

He was once the season started. He was in the 1st team during pre-season.

Game v Nuneaton postponed due to a waterlogged pitch

How does the deal work for Saturday's game? A season ticket holder is eligible to get an additional free ticket for a friend?

I have to go to this one now really as I accidentally had bought train tickets for the 24th rather than the 17th , so had to pay 56 bloody quid to get there yesterday!!

How does the deal work for Saturday's game? A season ticket holder is eligible to get an additional free ticket for a friend?

I have to go to this one now really as I accidentally had bought train tickets for the 24th rather than the 17th , so had to pay 56 bloody quid to get there yesterday!!
A STH needs to call the ticket office to get the ticket. They need the friends supporters number or have to set one up.

You need

Name
Address
Supporter number to be set up

Or
Supporter number if already a member

Got two on Saturday

Just 'slightly' aggravated that the deals are coming up close together as its the travel & 'incidental' costs that affect me more than ticket price.

Also have what is effectively a free game V Reading on7th Feb via my saved ticket cash through the My Wolves membership.

Still always good to get as many in as possible

Just 'slightly' aggravated that the deals are coming up close together as its the travel & 'incidental' costs that affect me more than ticket price.

Also have what is effectively a free game V Reading on7th Feb via my saved ticket cash through the My Wolves membership.

Still always good to get as many in as possible

HA!..im thick...i didnt realise that you needed to BUILD up £5 worth of ticket cash for the free Reading ticket..
I just thought i could get a ticket and pay £5...doh!
I always use the ticket cash off the next match coming up.
oh well.

Wolves on the Big Match Revisited again this morning vs Barnsley....

Wolves Birmingham Senior Cup game at Nuneaton Town has been re-arranged for Tuesday 3rd February.

Back