• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

Obviously Wolves done the cancellation to make the move easy for him

Love kevin Foley, sad his career ended as it did with us. A proper pro

kevinfoley.jpg

Good luck to him. Not one I have grown to dislike over the course of our decline. One of Mick's best signings.

Longest serving outfield player (if we're not being obtuse and counting Batth who's been here since he was about 9). Ikeme was on our bench during 2003/4.

I imagine some of the other younger players coming through at the moment have been around in the academy since before 2007 as well (like Price?).

You generally only count them from when they signed pro forms, don't think any of them would have signed that far back.

Just want to echo the previous comments about Kevin Foley.

Kenny, YoungWolf and DW have already written what I was thinking. I wish him the best of luck for over there!

I suppose that makes Disco Dave our longest serving outfield player then.

Used to think he was the dogs blox pity he didn't fulfil it. As is with ex-girlfriends though now he has gone he has gone not really bothered how well or not he does for anyone else.

Foley is a weird one.
Cannot comprehend his apparent fall from grace. Strange how he was never totally out of the picture, but was never closer than on the fringe.
No idea whether that was injury related, or something else.

Injury on the opening day of 2009/10 and Mick's ensuing insistence on playing him on the right of midfield definitely affected him. What on earth possessed him to prefer Zubar at right back I will never know.

he also got screwed around by Trappotini if i remember right

A shame the way things turned out for Foley, maybe a change of club will do him good.

For a couple of seasons he was our best right back of the last 30 years. Good luck to him

Speaks volumes that he won Player of the Season when we had SEB, Iwelumo & Kites ripping the Division up.

He was superb that season, wasn't too bad in our first prem season either once he'd shaken off an injury.

Sheff Wed at home under Stale he was absolutely brilliant and I thought we'd got the real Foley back. Trap definitely messed with his head with the Euro 2012 stuff but his form had long since fallen through the floor with us by then.

I thought Ken would like him as he is such a naturally tidy footballer but it wasn't to be. However for £700k or so he was great business and a cracking pro. Noticeable that he was never outwardly ostracised by KJ like the obvious Johnson/JOH and later Doyle/Ward, he just said he was behind a number of players in the pecking order.

Back