• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

It was a three year deal. But agreed, I would be massively surprised if they are still on the shirt next season.
I'm actually glad the shirts were so godawful this year, made boycotting easier...

My sons just been chosen to be the mascot for the away game vs Norwich - he's massively excited!

Wolves are really good with the young wolves members.

Nice one PQ! Hoping for a Feb 96 style display.

Cheers deutsch - so far he's seen Rotherham 6-4 and Huddersfield 3-0, so hopefully he can keep his run going!

I ordered 3 football shirts on the 24th of December. I phoned up on Friday and a kind gentlemen from the mailing department phoned up the Royal Mail, to find out where my package is. He then told me, It is the West Midlands sorting office and has been there since the 28th of December. I will find out what is happening to my order tomorrow, hopefully.

Back to Bramall Lane for the rest of the season but I can't see how he's much better than what we've already got - and what we've already got isn't the level we need to be looking towards.

Protecting his value, since he's making a name for himself in League One?

No problem at all with that, myself. Been in scorching form for Sheffield and if we have an organizer at the back a la Willo then there's no reason he can't be just fine at this level.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Was his original contract up this summer?

No problem at all with that, myself. Been in scorching form for Sheffield and if we have an organizer at the back a la Willo then there's no reason he can't be just fine at this level.

Except he's playing on the right of a 3, not a 2
Was his original contract up this summer?
Yes, but we had a one year option on him, which is why I don't really get the 3. If we want money from Sheff U, activate the option. No need to give him a further 2 years as well, he's not the type of player who's worth will increase because he has longer on his contract.

An utterly ludicrous decision. At a push id give him 18 months with a years option.

This looks genuinely that Lambert is happy with his lot in central defence which is terrifying mid-long term.

There could potentially be teams in this division who'll look at his performances at Sheff Utd and think he could be worth a punt. The longer his contract the greater our bargaining power IMO as we have no need urgently to let him go or get his wages off the books.

Apart from the lack of talent - he's an archetypal League 1 lump of a centre-half.

Apart from the lack of talent - he's an archetypal League 1 lump of a centre-half.
Disagree with that almost completely.

Fucking ridiculous, I don't know what we're doing with contracts at the moment. Way too long being given to average/poor players who won't take us where we need to be.

I wouldn't have cared if we'd lost him on a free, he isn't good enough and never will be.

Back