• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

He was fine as a backup in League One. If he's improving with Sheffield Utd, good on him. At his best he'll probably be okay in a lower Championship side but I didn't ever think he'd play for us again.

Strange decision to say the least. Surely if we see him being part of our long term defensive future then we should be playing him now.

Can only suppose that we won't be keeping Stearman beyond the end of this season, so this is his replacement.

Ridiculous. But then Doherty's play is looking less of a dumpster fire these days, so who knows what can happen in three years?

Except he's playing on the right of a 3, not a 2

Yes, but we had a one year option on him, which is why I don't really get the 3. If we want money from Sheff U, activate the option. No need to give him a further 2 years as well, he's not the type of player who's worth will increase because he has longer on his contract.

With him playing on the right of a 3 - might this lend weight to a theory of lambert exploring a 3 man defence option that was raised on here somewhere in the long run?

With him playing on the right of a 3 - might this lend weight to a theory of lambert exploring a 3 man defence option that was raised on here somewhere in the long run?
Who knows, but neither Costa nor Cav would suit that formation nor would any of our full backs make wing backs, they don't have the pace, Iorfa is quick when he gets going, but takes time to get into his stride. So you'd need half a new team or more to make that system work.

Bit confused by that one but he has apparently improved quite a lot. If the Blades come up and offer us a million I would still ditch him. We should be looking at defenders that are too good for the Championship not League 1.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Shambles of a decision. He's 24 now, way too late to be offering him a 3 1/2 year contract off the back of a decent League 1 loan spell. He was genuinely atrocious last season, such a stupid, brainless defender who has no grasp of defensive positioning or game management. His size and speed might paper over the cracks as part of a back 3 in a team way too good for League 1 but he will never make it at this level.

It's so incredibly strange that we have Batth, Ikeme and EEL signed up to 2020. I can't work out what the thought process is there at all.

Yet another baffling contract decision.

Like DW said, I wouldn't have been fused if he'd left on a free. Nowhere near good enough for where we want to be.

I'd rather we were looking to tie the likes of Price and Evans to better contracts, especially Jack as he is proving that he can play at a decent level...Strange

Is this Thelwell making these decisions?
Has Lambert had any input?

Completely flies in the face of Lambert's talk of trimming the squad down as well. He said we've got too many centre backs, letting EEL go to Sheffield United at the end of the season would've been a perfect way to get rid of our 5/6th choice centre back.

Just read on transfer centre we have given EEL a new three and a half year deal.. Please tell me it is april fools day?

Back