• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

"This year the hell is the contest that celebrates all the fans who stand up for their team, their organization or their sports idol, wet and dry, individuals unethically. The interest in this year's edition of the Year fan has been record high and now Unibet behind the initiative proudly present the winner, Truls Månsson - Wolverhamptonprofilen residents in Stockholm. The prize is a football trip with Glenn Hysén to see Wolverhampton Wanderers play in England, and materials for 20 000 SEK as Truls can donate to their favorite club.

In recent weeks, the jury, which includes Alexander "The Mauler" Gustafsson and Glenn Hysén premeditated. The record fierce competition chose to end the Truls Mansson, Sweden's largest Wolverhampton supporter.

When the 50-year-old Truls Månsson not working as an analyst at the market research firm is his great interest in the English football club Wolverhampton Wanderers. He is president and originator of the Swedish supporters club Swede Wolves has nearly 500 members.

Truls winning the nomination reads:

Wolverhampton Wanderers, the team of Truls Månsson's heart. Love story started already in the age of nine and has since been tirelessly Truls loyal in both prosperity and adversity. He is a living example of a large physical distance is not a barrier to a genuine fan. Truls commitment simply know no bounds and he has been a primal force in uniting Swedish Wolves supporters, not least by founding Swede Wolves - Wolverhampton's official supporters' association in Sweden.

- Truls Månsson is a nice skåning who cheered at Wolverhampton over 40 years. That alone makes him a worthy winner of this year's fan 2016. Joking aside, Truls has over the years been a hub for Swedish Wolves supporters and his supporters munity is really something out of the ordinary, says Glenn Hysén, football legend and chairman of the jury for the Year hell.

The aim of the Year hell is to highlight and pay tribute to all the people around the supporter Sweden representing the schyst supporter science, they heard in the stands with supportive chants and those who work voluntarily in silence and allowed the Swedish associations to go around. In these times, it is especially important to highlight the positive supporter exclusion and competition is a great opportunity for the fans to get the appreciation they deserve.

- The year's final field was very strong. We had many inspiring supporters who devote enormous resources in their compounds. It is incredibly important to bring all those fans who will not move an inch when it comes to the love of the team and although this is a contest for the fans, it is understood the clubs who are the big winners. We have been a strong supporter culture in Sweden and to prevent a destructive climate, it is the alpha and omega of the positive forces rewarded, says Jonas Nilsson, Press Officer at Unibet.

The competition, which is in its third year, began in July. The nomination process is done via a website, where anyone has been able to enroll yourself or someone that you feel is worthy to become a fan of the Year. Truls prize is a trip to England with Glenn Hysén to see Wolverhampton Wanderers play, as well as materials for SEK 20 000 to donate to their favorite club."

Truls - A blast from the past - SEK 20 000 is about £1780. Which game will he pick, I wonder?

Not sure where else to put this, so It's going here....

Sitting in work just now, fairly quiet on our floor, and the temp who sits behind makes a call and says "Hi, I'm just wondering if I can book tickets for the Wolverhampton Wanderers match"

I was thinking what a small world it is, so went over after his call and said Im a Wolves fan too, to which he replies he's a Burton Albion fan! Now it's quite rare to find a Wolves fan over here, but a Burton Albion fan.......!!!

Jon Flatt has gone to Barrow on loan for the rest of the season.

He could play against Rochdale in the FA Cup on Saturday.

Just seen this Fred. He was on (via telephone)the radio wm breakfast show before Christmas when his nomination was discussed and Kenny Hibbitt was also on to wish him luck. He stated that amongst it's members Sweden Wolves has the head of the Swedish FA and also a former Swedish Prime Minister! I think that the website mentions that Lars Lagerback is a fan but I can't say that I've heard that before as I'm sure there would have been a link with him and the wolves managers job if that was the case.

In my opinion any footballer that doesn't do similar is a bit of a prick, they have the time, they have the money, so who wouldn't in their position?

C1Yxwm7WQAAhF4_.jpg:large

And now he's up for player of the month. What a guy....

swnng.gif

The club are advertising for a 1st team physio, and a sports therapist. Interesting.

Money Shop considering an offer to sell business to an unnamed suitor, company has closed many branches due to government clampdowns. The end is nigh?

Fingers crossed...

Just shows what a shambolic decision it was to make these bastards our main sponsor/official partner.

Just shows what a shambolic decision it was to make these bastards our main sponsor/official partner.
I'd be more happy if that horrible lime green was removed from the colour spectrum.

The worst thing about the current FIFA game is that I'm stuck with those bloody kits even though I'm up to the year 2019 and I'm in the Champions League semis.

Can't remember whether it was just a one yr deal or longer.

If the latter hopefully we have a break clause & can bin them at the end of the season whatever happens

They won't be on our shirts next season.

Back