• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

Thanks for posting this, really enjoyed it. This was around the time I started going to the Molineux regularly. The team at the time was probably a Keeper and one Centre Half short of being potential league winners imo. Parkin, Munro, Taylor, Bailey, Hibbit, Waggy, Doog and Richards were all first class players....Seeing Waggy running with the ball still makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up.
Derby weren't shoddy at the time either.

Derby ended up as champions that year, were beneficiaries of us beating Leeds in that famous last game of the season

Derby ended up as champions that year, were beneficiaries of us beating Leeds in that famous last game of the season

I was there, fantastic atmosphere and game/result...........reports vary as to how many were in the Molineux that night from 48,000 to 53,000.......seemed double that to me............but I was only 4'10" then

Apologies if this has already been mentioned elsewhere, but Hause started for the England U20 side in their 1-0 win over the Germans a couple of days ago....... Further acknowledgement of the good work he has made at Gillingham so far this season

Demolition of Wolves pub The Wanderer approved, despite petition.

The petition has not been presented to Wolverhampton Council's planning department.

:facepalm:

Great petition

WE ARE ANGRY (but keep it quiet, ta)

Mali (Sako & Dicko) won last week's qualifier vs Ethiopia,they have another game Wednesday.Ethiopia again.

Not sure if it's general news!

Aaron McCarey has had surgery on his back and will be out for 3 months.

That tended to be his modus operandi - watch the first few mins of the 74 league cup final, he does it there as well.

Get in hard early & let them know you're there.

Most defenders did that back then. Get a good hard challenge in early just to let the forward know you were there.

Most defenders did that back then. Get a good hard challenge in early just to let the forward know you were there.

Ah yes, the Dave Whelan school of defending. Those were the days...

Ah yes, the Dave Whelan school of defending. Those were the days...

As I am constantly reminded, times have changed, and football has moved on. Though at least back then we did not see players rolling around pretending they were hurt every time they were tackled.

Back