• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

Helen Chaimberlain: Why don't you just leave?
Roger Johnson: Well I'm under contract so if I leave I'm going to miss out on a lot of money.

Tosser.

Helen Chaimberlain: Why don't you just leave?
Roger Johnson: Well I'm under contract so if I leave I'm going to miss out on a lot of money.

Tosser.

It's what pretty much anyone would do, if you're guaranteed another few years on big money then why go elsewhere on a sigificant cut?

I'm not having that. He said he was a proud man. If he's got any professional pride at all then he'd have found himself a new club.

She also asked him about what the fans want and he just brushed it off.

It's not just professional pride though is it?

What if he's got a mortgage and a car on finance, a family to support and he's got all that based on his ~£30k a week at Wolves, or whatever it is he's on, can he afford to drop down to a sub £20k wage and maintain that. He could well be on double or more money that anyone else would offer him, if my employer had chucked me a 4-5 year fixed term contract on a heavily inflated wage then i'd have seen that as an opportunity to set myself up pretty well for life, if half way through that period they told me i wouldn't be doing anymore work with them i'd damn sure milk them for a couple years knowing i couldn't get the same money elsewhere.

Exactly. He won't get half his current wage elsewhere, I'd be staying put too.

Especially when he's in his last year. It's only really this year that he hasn't played anywhere.

Roger Johnson in looking like a fucking disgraceful cockend stealing a living shocker. Sooner he is gone the fucking better.

Roger Johnson in looking like a fucking disgraceful cockend stealing a living shocker. Sooner he is gone the fucking better.

To be honest, I'd be surprised if he and foley hadn't got a constructive dismissal case. They've been completely ostracised, despite being fit and able to do their job. Jackett has had this stance on them since the moment he walked through the door, and nothing that they could do could convince him to afford them the same opportunities as their team mates.

Rojo is a cunt of a character, and a pretty shit defender. Yet we're on the verge of looking worse. And our treatment of former player of the year Kevin Foley fucking appalls me, frankly. Incredibly disrespectful to good, honest pro.

Foley hasn't got the full RoJo treatment. He was involved with the first team, even doing corporate stuff right up to the beginning of the season and still plays in friendlys and U21 games (not sure if Johnson is asked if he wants a game though). I just wish someone would come in for him, such a waste of a career.

Don't really care about Johnson and what he has said (only bit of interest was his refusal to slander anyone, which sounded like "wait till I go and then I'm ripping you all to bits". Not sure on Wolves stance here. Won't pay his contract up but happy go pay him until June next year. Just offer to pay up what we him and Foley, say bye and we move on and then save money by not having to use Steve Hodge.

I must admit that I am surprised that Johnson has not gone out on loan. I think he is capable of playing championship football. But for whatever reason, no-one seems to want him.

If you sign someone on loan though you will want them to go straight into the team. With Johnson only doing fitness work and not having any match practice even in training it's unlikely he could play straight away, therefore I doubt anyone will come in for him before the January window. At that stage I expect us to cut a deal with him on his contract and he'll go somewhere else for the rest of the season

True, but he went to West Ham United last season having had little playing time, and played a few games for them.

True, but he went to West Ham United last season having had little playing time, and played a few games for them.

He played at Sheff Wed before West Ham last year and also took part in Friendlies and U21 games. Since pre-season he has played 0 minutes of football.

This story has only another 6 months or so to run as think that all those left have contracts that end in June 2015 (O'Hara was, I think, the only longer one & he's gone). It will end & within a few weeks after that & there will be other things to talk about & this will fade into the background

I don't blame Johnson for sticking to his contract, whatever the value is. At the same time, he can't moan if the club use him how they wish and pay his wages on time and according to the contract. If we should moan it is at the wisdom of the person who made the decision or agreed to it in the first place.

Knowing that this is his stance though and presumably the club has been well aware for a long time, I don't get why a mutually agreeable sum is worked out for the benefit of everyone. It's not as though it will entirely cripple our cashflow.

Foley is a mystery though, unless I have completely missed it, he hasn't been a disruptive influence, is a full international and even if not with us you would have thought he could have found himself a role somewhere.

Back