• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

Mali lost today and are now struggling to qualify for the ACoN, which although sad for Sako and Dicko would be good news for Wolves

They and Malawi both have six points from five games. Mali have Algeria (already won the group) on Wednesday, if Malawi better their result vs Ethiopia then Mali will finish 3rd and can only qualify if they happen to be the best 3rd placed team out of all the groups (which I don't think will happen).

Don't wish to demean the "injury" but it is an insignificant bone at the base of the thumb about the wrist area. "Broken" my scaphoid before, it is a niggling bloody pain but it's no metatarsal break!

Depends how badly you broke it, whether it's displaced etc.

Normally requires a cast for 6 weeks. When someone breaks their wrist, it's often the scaphoid.

Seems to me that Jackett wants a better attitude from him.

Also, I saw is the E&S yesterday that he wants to see what Boukari can do before deciding to let him go.

Seems to me that Jackett wants a better attitude from him.

Also, I saw is the E&S yesterday that he wants to see what Boukari can do before deciding to let him go.

Sounds like the door is open for him to impress, the same as it is for Boukari, but if Sigurdarson comes back saying he's got no interest in staying in England then Jackett won't lose any sleep over it either.

As has often been said, we've seen glimpses of what is he capable of but it doesn't seem like the desire is there. I thought he would tear up League 1 after finishing the season in quite good form under Saunders. That said, maybe he will see that we have the opportunity to get into the Premier League and it will motivate him better.

As has often been said, we've seen glimpses of what is he capable of but it doesn't seem like the desire is there. I thought he would tear up League 1 after finishing the season in quite good form under Saunders. That said, maybe he will see that we have the opportunity to get into the Premier League and it will motivate him better.

If anyone had bothered to be in good form under Saunders we wouldn't have been relegated...

If ever there is a player currently at Wolves that could fulfill the #10 role the way Jackett wants it would be Siggy. He has that ability to drop deep and link play as well as be a physical threat in the air and winning the ball back high up the pitch. If he can sort himself out he could be the player to we all thought he could be.

Yay. I <3 Siggy.

I wouldn't be holding my breath on any impact from Sigurdarson, don't think he's got it in him.

If ever there is a player currently at Wolves that could fulfill the #10 role the way Jackett wants it would be Siggy. He has that ability to drop deep and link play as well as be a physical threat in the air and winning the ball back high up the pitch. If he can sort himself out he could be the player to we all thought he could be.

Apart from him being shit, can't be arsed and doesn't want to be here.

I'm not holding my breath and I don't think it will happen but he does have ability, we've seen that.

Apart from him being $#@!, can't be arsed and doesn't want to be here.

I agree with parts 2&3 of your post, Penk, but IMO the man has talent.
If he continues with his attitude of parts 2&3, then fuck him off, as he would be no use to us as man nor ornament,
but............

I'm not holding my breath and I don't think it will happen but he does have ability, we've seen that.

We've also seen some complete and utter shit from him too though and i think those moments far out weight the moments of quality that have been dotted amongst his Wolves career, constantly running into players that he's trying to take on, often runs like he's 5 stone overweight, some awful touches reminiscent of a broken Stephen Hunt.

Pretty much everyone at professional level is capable of the odd special moment when something just goes right for them but when they're such an exception to the norm i think you're hard pushed to use them as a test of their true quality. It'd be like using Macheda's early goalscoring at United to justify him still being a useful player for United.

We've also seen some 'complete and utter shit' from Clarke too, but he keeps getting picked.
In fact your whole first paragraph could apply to him, MARKakaJIM.
On second thoughts, your whole posting could apply to Clarke.

Back