• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

Whilst I can accept that Siggy came into Wolves during a more than difficult time which may have affected him, he also doesn't give the impression that he is really committed to doing this job.

If he had 'torn up' the Norwegian league then maybe, but I'm not sure that he enjoys football sufficiently to put the effort in. Anybody who doesn't get some enjoyment out of their job (whatever it is) is never going to be that effective.

Right that Kenny takes a look at him & talks to him on his return (& Boukhari), but don't expect anything to come of it.

With both would be happy for the situation to come good, but not holding my breath & won't lose much sleep if it doesn't

Kenny's viewpoint is pretty much the standard one in my experience.

From where?

I see a lot of people remembering bright flashes and hoping that can lead to more prolonged periods of good play but I can't see anyone else, certainly not on here, reflecting on his time with Wolves overall in a positive way, seems a lot see him as a player who could potentially improve after an underwhelming time so far but only Kenny has said that he's seen him do more good than bad. I've just had a quick look through some of the old verdict threads while he was around and there weren't too many positives about him at the time either, maybe 6 or 7 good games and plenty of average or disappointing performances with people, myself included, making excuses for him such as settling in, playing out of position, only seems to play when Wolves were shit, etc.

Now, moving on to how Boukari will rip up the Championship when he returns.........

Fuck knows on that one, only thing i can remember of him was when he got injured.

He was very highly rated when we signed him, along with Sako, but that seems like so long ago! Do feel sorry for Boukari

He was very highly rated when we signed him, along with Sako, but that seems like so long ago! Do feel sorry for Boukari

He started ahead of Sako at Northampton, not sure that tells us anything or not. He makes lovely flowers out of paper too.

I think that was because Sako had signed only the night before (came on and scored a good goal)? Boukari looked aright in that game bit hard to judge from that. Only other time I saw him play he played behind Sigurdarson away at Chelsea and we lost 6-0

Back from being different to a normal webmong in just one post.

He may be permanently injured, but Boukari gave us our best ever new signing thread, so for that I'm grateful.

Last edited:
With Sigurdarson I have seen something to suggest he might do ok at this level. Not much, but something. Most of his goals were very well taken and although it is an extremely low bar, he was probably our best player in the final 2-3 months of the season of shambles.

With Leon Clarke I have been watching him on and off for 10 years and never seen anything to suggest he is of any use at this level.

Sigurdarson is young enough to improve and develop his game, Clarke is 30 in a few weeks.

By definition you can only prefer the former unless you're seeking to be deliberately contrary.

Well, you'd rather us not bother trying with Sig again. Personally I would rather have him on the bench than Leon as there is a semblance of footballing intelligence in him as opposed to a chippy bastard who just fouls and stops our own attacks. Someone who is actively detrimental to everything we do 95%+ of the time.

I've not said don't try Sigurdarson, I've just said don't expect anything from him.

He'll probably cover more ground than Leon but other than that i wouldn't be expecting a great deal of improvement over his much scorned senior partner.

I'm not looking to defend Clarke in any way, shape or form here, just don't see anything in Sigurdarson to suggest he's going to be a measurable improvement, at the most generous you could say he was inconsistent with flashes of talent and i don't see how an injury hit spell 'middling' along with Molde is going to have improved him.

Personally, I'd go with Graham/Dicko up top with Graham/Dicko and McAlinden on the bench.

Well, you'd rather us not bother trying with Sig again. Personally I would rather have him on the bench than Leon as there is a semblance of footballing intelligence in him as opposed to a chippy bastard who just fouls and stops our own attacks. Someone who is actively detrimental to everything we do 95%+ of the time.

Aren't you very keen on Clarke then?

Personally, I'd go with Graham/Dicko up top with Graham/Dicko and McAlinden on the bench.

Unless Siggy comes back with perfect attitude and plays like Ronaldo in training there is a good chance that will be the case.

Back