• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

For whatever reason Clarke is ahead of McAlinden in Ken's thoughts. I think he'll go back out on loan next week.

Since Siggy is on the books I hope he wants to try his best and not just give up,at least give it until the end of the season.

There's just seemingly no fire in his belly for football so I won't hold my breath.Like others have pointed out he hasn't stood out in Norway apart from the first couple of games in March.

Report taken from another Wolves forum.

Couldn't see a match report from last nights friendly with Corby Town so thought I'd give a quick recap. Normally struggle to get up to Molineux for games so couldn't miss the opportunity to catch a Wolves side play in my home town!

Wolves XI Squad: Flatt, Matinyadze, O’Hanlon, Weeks, Swan, Carter, Bancessi, Torras, Reid, Ronan, Hunte, Erdei, Dutton, Upton, Rainey.

A low key start saw Wolves concede after just four minutes! A hopeful cross from deep should have been easily dealt with by the Wolves centre halves but the resulting attempted header back to the goalkeeper flew high over his head and into the net (not sure whether the own goal was Swan or Carter).

The rest of the first half was a quiet affair. Both teams scratching out no more than a couple of half chances. Wolves best chances falling to Bradley Reid. Corby led 1-0 at the break and probably just about deserved their lead.

Five minutes into the second half and the main talking point of the game. Throughout the first half Connor Hunte didn't look like he wanted the be there. His movement was non existent, he strolled back from attacks and when he did receive ball I can't remember him passing the ball and he inevitably ran straight at the Corby defence and was dispossessed.

After another of his aimless runs, he was yet again dispossessed by a Corby player (cleanly I add) and he took acception to this by squaring up to the defender and planting a head butt square on his nose!! The referee didn't need to show a red card as Hunte was straight down the tunnel not to be seen for the rest of the night!

Wolves picked up the pace after going down to ten men and twenty minutes or so before the end deservedly equalized through Bradley Reid.

Both sides had chances to snatch a winner but the game ended 1-1. A deserved draw in my opinion.

In summary, both goalkeepers didn't put a foot wrong although both didn't have a great deal to do. Impressed with both keepers kicking from the ground. Flatt didn't stand a chance with the goal.

I thought both full backs had a good game (Matinyadze and O’Hanlon). Nothing spectacular but rarely gave the ball away and looked composed in possession.

After a shaky start both centre halves grew into the game and looked solid. Not sure whether it was Swan or Carter who was on the left hand side of the two but they had a hell of a left foot and hit a number of accurate raking passes out the right wing.

I think it was Weeks who played in the deep midfield role. Not the biggest of players but was always looking to receive the ball and kept the midfield ticking over.

Can't add anything more to Hunte's performance but Bancessi looked fairly lively when in possession. He made a few goods runs with the ball and is clearly talented but he seemed to choose the wrong option on a number of occasions and looked quite a way off of being a potential first team player. This could be tempered by my own expectations as I'd already told my old man that this was the player to look out for!!

In all honesty, Torras and Ronan were pretty much anonymous (Torras did hit one shot from distance which was smartly saved). I think it was Ronan who was playing the support role but Reid looked quite isolated for much of the first half.

Bradley Reid certainly put a shift in. Was always busy and put himself about but was really feeding on scraps. Took his goal well but also missed a glorious chance from 6-7 yards out.

My MOM: Weeks.

Nice to see a Wolves team in my home town but the game was overshadowed by the Hunte dismissal. Looks like those attitude and discipline issues still remain!!

Bill Howell of the Birmingham Mail has been reassigned as a West Brom reporter. Time for an unfollow on Twitter. Paul Stuart taking his place.

Bill Howell of the Birmingham Mail has been reassigned as a West Brom reporter. Time for an unfollow on Twitter. Paul Stuart taking his place.

Without the 't'.

I didn't mind Bill Howell, he sometimes missed the mark, but I quite liked the irreverance in his Monday reports

Probably already been covered and I've forgot, but why's the Blackburn away game on Sun 11th Jan?

Burnley are playing at home on Saturday 10th as well so the police asked for one of them to be moved.

Wolves helping with the turning on of the Christmas lights in Wolves

McDonald was joined by funny figures such as Santa, Noddy / odd looking gnome thing, a massive Squirrel and Matt the right back

B3Y2nMdIcAAukOE.jpg

Look at that marking. Santa and the squirrel have obviously realised that everything goes through McDonald.

Since Siggy is on the books I hope he wants to try his best and not just give up,at least give it until the end of the season.

There's just seemingly no fire in his belly for football so I won't hold my breath.Like others have pointed out he hasn't stood out in Norway apart from the first couple of games in March.

I think he need some fun with a girl..football is not all in life..and he would perform much better on the pitch(no idea if he has one alreafy mind)..

I think he need some fun with a girl..football is not all in life..and he would perform much better on the pitch(no idea if he has one alreafy mind)..
He had one when he first moved to Wolves, I saw them in IKEA.

Well maybe he need a guy then..

or possibly someone of either sex who is good at constructing furniture

Hahaha.. ikea isnt the best quality is it? Cheap yeah..

Agreed some things are good and some bad..we have some stuff in our house actually

I saw Siggy with his missus in Bella in Chapel Ash. She was well pucka, so no worries on that front I wouldn't have thought.

Back