• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

We've also seen some 'complete and utter shit' from Clarke too, but he keeps getting picked.
In fact your whole first paragraph could apply to him, MARKakaJIM.
On second thoughts, your whole posting could apply to Clarke.

It could, yes, but for some reason people are a whole lot more optimistic about one than the other.

It could, yes, but for some reason people are a whole lot more optimistic about one than the other.

Its people looking for the good in a situation and hoping. Siggy will turn into a disappointing failure for us, but he showed enough to say their is a talent there and if he used it properly and he was used properly by the managers he might have made something of his time here.
Leon wasn't generally liked so him returning it was going to take an epic turn around in his performances and a lot of goals to get on the good side of the fans but he failed.

I would have said 'resigned' about Clarke, and 'a faint hope' for Sigurdarson, rather than 'optimistic' for either of them.

Now sick-note (Boukari), is a different kettle of fish. If we could get him fit, he has genuine pace, and that frightens the crap out of defenders.

Reading the article on the OS, Kenny is not putting any stock in Siggy doing anything on his return.

Its people looking for the good in a situation and hoping. Siggy will turn into a disappointing failure for us, but he showed enough to say their is a talent there and if he used it properly and he was used properly by the managers he might have made something of his time here.
Leon wasn't generally liked so him returning it was going to take an epic turn around in his performances and a lot of goals to get on the good side of the fans but he failed.

Can't agree with that bit.

He showed a hell of a lot more shite than he did success, he had chances in his supposedly favoured position and never looked any better than when he was stuck out on the wing, he's a massively inconsistent player and i don't think any change in attitude or manager is going to change that for him, he's just not good enough. He was signed on the back of a purple patch that hasn't looked anything like reappearing in nearly 3 years, the boy's a pup.

Reading the article on the OS, Kenny is not putting any stock in Siggy doing anything on his return.

Its very much going to be how he is when he returns. if he wants to be part of the club he will get a chance, if he comes back and says I want to go home he will be off pretty quickly.

I used to love Siggy but I've given up on him now, hasn't done anything at Molde really and his attitude seems poor in the sense that he just doesn't care that much. Very much doubt we'll ever see him in a wolves shirt again, same goes for Boukari.

Can't agree with that bit.

He showed a hell of a lot more shite than he did success, he had chances in his supposedly favoured position and never looked any better than when he was stuck out on the wing, he's a massively inconsistent player and i don't think any change in attitude or manager is going to change that for him, he's just not good enough. He was signed on the back of a purple patch that hasn't looked anything like reappearing in nearly 3 years, the boy's a pup.

My view is I saw a lot more good than bad, but I didn't do away games. So I will stick with what I saw that helped form my opinion. That said, I am seriously disappointed in him as he as the ability but lacked the desire to use it, especially towards the end of his time with us last year.

Its very much going to be how he is when he returns. if he wants to be part of the club he will get a chance, if he comes back and says I want to go home he will be off pretty quickly.

He was hardly enthusiastic about his performances at Molde either.

He was hardly enthusiastic about his performances at Molde either.

Certainly making out that Siggy has to show something special if he gets back on the training pitch.

My feeling is that he will ask to leave again though

My view is I saw a lot more good than bad, but I didn't do away games. So I will stick with what I saw that helped form my opinion. That said, I am seriously disappointed in him as he as the ability but lacked the desire to use it, especially towards the end of his time with us last year.

Genuinely startled by that, pretty much everyone else seems to be basing their hope on a few bright moments rather than an overall positive return from him, i'm struggling to think of a player to compare him to really in terms of what he's managed to contribute.

Similar to Guedioura perhaps? Both had high expectations early on, Sigurdarson was in good form when signed and Guedioura had a great debut, but both struggled to get anything close to that level on anything like a regular basis, there was the odd special moment, some fabulous strikers, little tricks here and there but all too often there were children being taken out of the upper tier with bloody noses and opponents strolling off with the ball as another trick failed. Some people loved them for those odd special moments but for many the large periods of mediocrity left them incredibly frustrated.

Genuinely startled by that,.

Don't be. Its pretty easy for someone to see things differently to another person. Makes life more interesting and all that and gives us all something to do other than work Mon-Fri.

Certainly making out that Siggy has to show something special if he gets back on the training pitch.

My feeling is that he will ask to leave again though

It depends on what came first. The apathy and disillusion with football, or the rancid cliquey atmosphere at the club in his first spell.

Don't be. Its pretty easy for someone to see things differently to another person. Makes life more interesting and all that and gives us all something to do other than work Mon-Fri.

:icon_lol:

It depends on what came first. The apathy and disillusion with football, or the rancid cliquey atmosphere at the club in his first spell.

He walked into the rancid stuff didn't he under Stale and then the apathy under Saunders. Being used here and there by Jackett probably just pushed him over the edge to want to go back to Norway.

I agree with parts 2&3 of your post, Penk, but IMO the man has talent.
If he continues with his attitude of parts 2&3, then fuck him off, as he would be no use to us as man nor ornament,
but............

We've seen him have how many good games in over 50 appearances? Many of our crap players have had a handful of good games.

Yeah, so my point being that the unwelcoming and rancid atmosphere created by the Mick Clique lead to the apathy that has stunted him since.
All theoretical really. Just playing devil's advocate and holding on to some kind of torch for him :D

I'm not trying to be arsey about it, just seems a completely different take on what anyone else has with Sigurdarson's Wolves career to date.

I can see why some pin their hopes on flashes of brilliance here and there, hoping the consistency will develop and such like, there were undeniably some bright moments to his time here but personally I can't recall a time he even had a particularly good game, let alone run of games, nor have i seen anyone else recall such, so it does surprise me somewhat that you think the good overshadowed the bad in his time here to date. You're perfectly entitled to that view but i genuinely can't see how you have come to that conclusion, going back to the Guedioura comparison, i don't think there's anyone who would look back on his time here in a positive light overall.

I'm not trying to be arsey about it, just seems a completely different take on what anyone else has with Sigurdarson's Wolves career to date.

Kenny's viewpoint is pretty much the standard one in my experience.

Back