• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

Dicko hasn't joined up with the Mali squad this time because of a minor injury.

I couldn't figure out from the E&S story whether it was because of the injury or just coincidental, they just mentioned that he was on standby for the squad.

Not news but I stumbled across this earlier. Munro and Hibbitt looked like superb players.

I've played cricket against the Derby goalkeeper in those highlights.

After watching that I want to put my Wolves strip on and go and play footie with my brother in the back garden. Yes, Mum, we'll mind the windows.

Hey Sniffer - Colin Boulton - I've played against him at cricket too - he was a pretty decent batsman. Can you remember which club he played for ? I know it was a long journey from Dudley area.

Hey Sniffer - Colin Boulton - I've played against him at cricket too - he was a pretty decent batsman. Can you remember which club he played for ? I know it was a long journey from Dudley area.

He was playing for a club called Walton on Trent who at the time played in the now defunct Burton & District Cricket League. I was a month away from being born when that Wolves v Derby game was played so when I got to play against him he must have been in his fifties!

This isn't you is it Mick?

maltawolves
October 9, 2014 11:45 am
Seems like KJ is clearing the way for the january sales.Moxey wont want to lose Sako on a free,Morgan has made it clear the way forward is through the academy and cheap/free signings.Sign of the times unfortunately.

no thats not me, but i know who it is. if he came onto forum i don't think he'd last very long as him and DW would be trading insults all day long !!

I played against him in the late 70's i think. He'd just recovered from a broken leg and didn't intend to do much running, so kept hitting 4's or 6's whenever possible. I was wicket keeper so got to have a good chat with him during the course of his innings - really nice guy.

I played waggy at bowls. He stayed out on the wing in the bowls matches too!

I know Colin he now lives Barton under needwood which is just down the road from Walton on trent, I usually see him in the pubs in Abbots Bromley and he always comes over for a chat about football. A couple of years back he was voted Derbys best ever keeper. He,s a nice bloke and always has some good storys about Cloughiel

Not news but I stumbled across this earlier. Munro and Hibbitt looked like superb players.

Thanks for posting this, really enjoyed it. This was around the time I started going to the Molineux regularly. The team at the time was probably a Keeper and one Centre Half short of being potential league winners imo. Parkin, Munro, Taylor, Bailey, Hibbit, Waggy, Doog and Richards were all first class players....Seeing Waggy running with the ball still makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up.
Derby weren't shoddy at the time either.

That first challenge by Parkin would probably be a red today and the retaliation kick would be too. Also one of them, or both, would be rolling around on the floor holding their face! :icon_lol:

That first challenge by Parkin would probably be a red today and the retaliation kick would be too. Also one of them, or both, would be rolling around on the floor holding their face! :icon_lol:

Yep it was an iffy tackle and stupid response...........the ref gave them both a bollocking and that was the end of it.........men wore they

Yep it was an iffy tackle and stupid response...........the ref gave them both a bollocking and that was the end of it.........men wore they

Also the defending for the first goal and the first corner would have Facebook and the Forums in meltdown!! Imagine if Stearman had done what Munro did

That tended to be his modus operandi - watch the first few mins of the 74 league cup final, he does it there as well.

Get in hard early & let them know you're there.

Back