• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

In our current team? Sako. Jarvis wouldn't work in our current system, he likes to cross the ball, and Dicko isn't winning much in the air so would be pointless, whereas having old Doyle/Fletcher was when Jarvis looked so good, he was hitting Fletch/Doyle regularly.

Say whatever you want about Sako but he never goes missing. At the end of the game he can always hold his head up high and say that he did his best for the team and when he does have a good game he can just dominate a team from left wing. Jarvis was just as flaky as Sako it's just that when he had a bad game he was completely anonymous and hardly touched the ball.

Sako's game would never cope at PL level. He'd have to do defensive work which he's not capable of doing, and he's too inconsistent to be a success at that level too.

I'd much rather have Sako in this team than Jarvis.

Both Jarvis and Kightly would excell in our current system, both can cut inside and both could cross a ball. Sako isn't as good as Jarvis or Kightly but he will probably score more than both.

Jarvis's crossing was so one dimensional it was unreal, use his pace to get 5 yards then just stand a ball up in the air, no variation or anything like drilling bals across the box or have any brain to cut a ball back to the edge of the area. Jarvis was and still is a average body in the Premier League.

Kightly without the injuries would be a good Premier League player. I adored watching him play when he was fit.

Jarvis's crossing was so one dimensional it was unreal, use his pace to get 5 yards then just stand a ball up in the air, no variation or anything like drilling bals across the box or have any brain to cut a ball back to the edge of the area. Jarvis was and still is a average body in the Premier League.

His crossing is one dimensional but when McCarthy let Jarvis and Kightly have free reign they were frightening cutting inside and out and their shooting was excellent. It's a pity Jarvis did turn into a one trick pony as he had do much more to his game.

Kightly before the injuries was one of the best players I've ever seen in a Wolves shirt.

I thought Jarvis was technically horrific but made the most out of what he had. When he cut inside his shooting was horrendous. However he did have a good spell at the end of the relegation season, and that is why we managed to get such a good fee. That was form rather than class

Kightly before the injuries was one of the best players I've ever seen in a Wolves shirt.

It's easy to forget how good he was before his injuries, that's very true. Such an exciting player to watch with a real variety to his game.

He had a short spell when he came back from his loan at Watford when he looked fit and really played well in some games but that was all he showed in the Premier League sadly.

Kightly without the injuries would be a good Premier League player. I adored watching him play when he was fit.

Agree totally. He was the first since Keane and last player I would genuinely get excited about going to watch. Sako comes close but he's too frustrating. Kights could have been huge.

Gutted I missed the 5-1 against Forest, so my fav Kightly moment would be his goal against Leeds. The scumbag Leeds fans had kept hold of one of the balls (it was during the multi-ball years) and lobbed it on the pitch just before he was lining up to shoot in an attempt stop play. Thankfully the ref ignored it and Kightly swept the ball in the corner from 20 yards with his left foot.

Say whatever you want about Sako but he never goes missing. At the end of the game he can always hold his head up high and say that he did his best for the team and when he does have a good game he can just dominate a team from left wing. .

Are you serious? Really??
The 2nd part of your sentence clearly states, '...when he does have a good game..' to back it up!

Oh I see... you're being ironic. scratch all that then. Missed that.

Gutted I missed the 5-1 against Forest, so my fav Kightly moment would be his goal against Leeds. The scumbag Leeds fans had kept hold of one of the balls (it was during the multi-ball years) and lobbed it on the pitch just before he was lining up to shoot in an attempt stop play. Thankfully the ref ignored it and Kightly swept the ball in the corner from 20 yards with his left foot.

I remember that, great moment. Murray was bloody immense in that game.

That game was awesome...that Iwelumo goal from Murray's throw and Jarvis's cross is one of my favourite goals from the Mick era.

Murray and Iwelumo were never in the same team were they?

Nope. Murray never played for us again after the final day of 2006/7 (Leicester away, won 4-1).

Murray never played in that game against Forest, it was Hennessey, with Ikeme on the bench.

Edit: Ninja'd by Deutsch.

Back