• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

I foresee a Moxey special coming up. New 2-3 year deal but with the promise that if we don't go up, we'll let him talk to Premier League clubs if they meet a specified fee.

So, what do you think he's worth ? just out of interest :)

If he signed a new contract, with some of the fees lately about I'd say 5-6m.

We'd have to dangle the carrot to get him to sign in the first place. We'd probably let him go on that basis for £4-5m.

Worth is an abstract thing.

I'm still not sure he'd do it in the PL.

If we were to get promoted this year, I think he'd be in a great position to do well having been in England for three years already.

I think he's a bit of a Hameur Bouazza/Diomansy Kamara. You can't get away with being as flaky as he is a level higher than this.

It could go either way, he might just step it up another level. I don't think either of those mentioned have as much talent or technical ability. If we went up he'd still remain our best source of goals.

If we went up then I'd want virtually the whole team replacing :icon_lol:

I don't think we have many PL class players. Golbourne maybe, Evans in a couple of years if he keeps progressing, McDonald in the right team. Possibly Ikeme.

We have a fairly young team, and I trust Jackett, Gallen etc to keep improving them.

Ikeme, Golbourne, Batth, McDonald, Sako I'd say could step up, with Dicko, Evans, Jacobs, Saville others who can keep progressing. van la Parra has had a good start but too early to tell now I suppose. We would have to spend a bit of money either way to strengthen in some areas.

Until Batth learns what areas he should and shouldn't be getting into, his limit is this level. I like him a lot but he gets pulled into the channels and caught square one on one too often - and he looks exposed as a result. I keep saying it, John Terry has to be his model - he couldn't run when he was 21. He's still the best English centre half around now. I'd only take Kompany over him from anyone playing in England.

As a comparison, Lescott had already moved to Everton when he was Danny's age, and that's with losing a year to injury.

RE: Sako, you've only got to look at the last two games to show why he'll struggle in the Prem. From the ridiculous to the sublime in the space of 4 days. Inconsistent is his middle name and it will be his undoing.

We'd have to dangle the carrot to get him to sign in the first place. We'd probably let him go on that basis for £4-5m.

Worth is an abstract thing.

I'm still not sure he'd do it in the PL.

I agree. Sako on a good day makes it look easy against Championship defenders who may be having an off day but I dont think he would have anywhere near the same impact when coming up against PL defenders. I think he will have his moment in the PL for a mid table team but he would be joining the list of former Wolves who have flattered to deceive at PL level. See Kightly, Michael or Jarvis, Matt

Jarvis was a success in the Premier League for Wolves.

He got in the England squad whilst playing for a fairly terrible team and was consistently our best player.

Jarvis was definitely a success. We sold him for 10m!!!

Jarvis was overall a little more consistent from game to game - rating him about 6-8 per match.
Sako has extremes of performance - rating him 4-9 per match.

Who would i rather have in my team ? ???

Back