• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

"Geoffrey, stop rummaging in the reduced section - someone from the golf club might see you...."

Use Waitrose at Christmas, always order a fresh turkey.
Weekly shop at Asda and also shop at the local Lidl in Finchfield, which is very good and often full of all those nimby's who came round with petition's against it being built.

Nothing to do with Wolves, but seeing as this has now turned into a supermarket thread.........

The local Lidl here has just reopened after a massive refurbishment & its no fun now - looks like any other supermarket with stuff in a sensible order.

The old store was much more fun as you never knew what you would find or where - odd bins with car mats & jump leads next to ironing boards with a random display of fruit on the end of the aisle. If you saw a good deal & didn't buy it there and then, chances were that it wouldn't be there the next day at all.

Looked like someone had turned up with a large truck full of random items and just dumped them without any thought in a warehouse.

Don't know if its been asked anywhere else but why are the tv's not showing the game in the concourse?

To make people watch the game from their seats?

well it doesn't work does it. It just makes people cue all the way up the steps and hang about by the exits blocking other peoples view. Then an even more intense atmosphere at the bar with everybody pushing and edging in and kicking off. Obviously I sit in the south bank but still, this isn't the best move is it.

Also a lot of fans match day experience involves going out early to have a drink and socialize with people they only get to see at the match.

If we ever leave the game a few minutes before the end it's always on in the concourses. Stan Cullis stand btw.

Will never fathom fans that go to the game then watch all match in the concourse. I had someone today at half time in the loo ask me what the score was.

Will never fathom fans that go to the game then watch all match in the concourse. I had someone today at half time in the loo ask me what the score was.

They wouldn't have needed to ask you had the screens been working.

Have always gone for a beer 5 minutes before half time, it's a ritual now.

I know fans who watch every second half in a north bank bar....... that to me is ridiculous but each to their own. Going to the football means many different things to many different people. The tele being off in the south bank has done nothing apart from make people unaware of the score. I didnt know wigan had scored a 2nd untill i saw it on my phone.

There was a Man Utd fan I used to work with in Coalville who drove up to Old Trafford every other week as he was a STH there. He was also a complete beer monster and often spent the entire 90 mins in the concourses drinking and watching the game on the TVs instead of being in his seat watching the game. I could never understand that mentality.

There was a Man Utd fan I used to work with in Coalville who drove up to Old Trafford every other week as he was a STH there. He was also a complete beer monster and often spent the entire 90 mins in the concourses drinking and watching the game on the TVs instead of being in his seat watching the game. I could never understand that mentality.
How did he get on with his drive back after the match?

They wouldn't have needed to ask you had the screens been working.

Have always gone for a beer 5 minutes before half time, it's a ritual now.

We nearly missed the start of the game at Oldham while you were enjoying a pre match beer at the ground.....

We nearly missed the start of the game at Oldham while you were enjoying a pre match beer at the ground.....

Standard. In 2003 I didn't think I saw the kick off any game.

Some of the away games I've been to I could have quite easily stayed in the pub.

Back